Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, November 12, 2007

Blog Fodder

Not unlike my friend Angie's blog post today, this post could have one of many titles:

What Happens When Your Kid Wakes Up First
Some Haircut Customers Are More Willing Than Others
The Scrapping Mojo Hits
Just Because the Office Is Closed Doesn't Mean Your Kid Doesn't Have School
How to Freak Out a Telemarketer in One Easy Step

First of all, this is what I woke up to:

He was so darned proud of himself for putting on his Halloween make-up. At least that's the impression I got from what he said. I fed the boys breakfast and we hung out. I managed to occupy them throughout the morning without their requesting to watch Ratatouille again. I mean, it's a cute movie but there's so much other stuff they can do. Y'know, like draw all over themselves. Fortunately it wasn't a Sharpie marker and it came off nicely in the tub later on.

I actually vacuumed the living room including getting out the crevice tool and cleaning between all the couch cushions. There was plenty of popcorn down there, along with a bunch of bits of paper from my various projects and a long-lost sock.

I keep asking the kids lately if they want Mommy to cut their hair. The answer is usually NO but it has to happen sometime. Today Carter was a willing participant. Perhaps it was the bribery; I'm not sure. But he sat so angelically. Cooper is NOT interested in the clippers or in getting his hair cut. He was a little intrigued by the vacuum, though, and kept grabbing the hose and making whooshing noises. Way cute.

I actually got a little scrapping done this morning too. Most of these I had started but put aside and now finally have finished them. The first and fourth are from the NDISB collab kit called Bedtime Stories. The second is from LaWanna Desjardin's Bittersweet Autumn kit, available at Scrapbook-Bytes. The third is from LaWanna's Wine Country kit, with pictures of Jill's son Carter.




I got a call from Carter's school at two o'clock. Wondering why Carter wasn't there. OOOOOOOOPS. Oh my God. I'm not sure which is worse...forgetting to pick him up last week or forgetting to take him to school AT ALL today. I was in day-off-mode and the thought never crossed my mind once that it was still a school day. If only they'd called sooner, I'd have run him up to the school, but there was only an hour left by the time they called. Good thing he wasn't MISSING or something! Let's hope I remember to take him tomorrow. ::Sigh::

I received a call from the Canadian Deaf Sports Association, or something with a similar title if that wasn't it. They called very recently, perhaps a month or two ago, asking for a donation, and I politely declined and said perhaps another time would be more convenient for me. So today, the friendly guy on the phone identified himself as Ron, and I told him I had already recently received a call and that it wasn't a good time for me to make a donation but perhaps in the future...cut to about two hours later...ol' Ron calls again. I recognized the phone number and the same perky voice and I said, "Is this Ron?" LONG PAUSE. Freaked the guy right out. He had no idea we had already spoken. Somehow my name must have made it to the top of the call list again instead of the distant-future-(please) call list. I told him I was going to add that to my list of ways to freak out telemarketers.

Reminds me of a time that an unnamed religious group came to our house when I was little. My mom told them she was not interested, and without incident, they left. A couple hours later Mom was at her friend's house for coffee and the SAME individuals came to her friend's door. Her friend wasn't interested either, so Mom went to the door and said, "I thought I told you I wasn't interested!" Hilarious. Freaked them out I bet!

Anyway, not even a couple hours after Ron's second call, I got another call from the same number. It was a different dude, and I had to explain to him that I'd spoken to his colleague Ron twice earlier and to please put my name on the distant future call list; not the call again later call list. Hope they get it this time!

Chris came home and wasn't feeling well. His sinuses are all wonky. He showered and took some meds and I made some breakfast for supper. Cheesy scrambled eggs and toasty-brown hash browns. Carter and Cooper did a real number on it; I was duly impressed. Just before supper Dad picked up the Ratatouille movie to watch tonight; fortunately Carter only asked for a movie once, and when I explained Grandpa had Ratatouille, he said he wanted to watch Toy Story.

At some point in the day I actually took the time to dye my hair. I blew it dry quickly and will have a shower in the morning and do all the requisite hair ironing then. Right now there are clothes in the dryer so we'll all have something to wear tomorrow.

Now everyone's asleep and I'm starting to get a little sleepy too, and it's just past nine thirty. I'm going to try to finish up a couple projects then I'm off to bed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Great layouts. . . .but there's got to be more to the story than your potential titles.

Flu shot - only got Edison's. Caroline has a fever - and a throat and nasal infection. Her shot will have to wait until the fever goes away.

Oh happy day. . . . this is why I've been AWOL. Sorry, A

Monday, November 12, 2007 3:56:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lori said...

ROFL... I'm guessing the first title goes with that photo of Carter with a face full of pen marks! Great layouts! I'm with Angie.. I want more of the stories behind those titles!

Monday, November 12, 2007 7:49:00 p.m.  
Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

Finally - a blog post I can learn from - if only you would expand ;)

Monday, November 12, 2007 8:59:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey there,

Sorry I've still been away. Caroline's running a fever that goes anywhere from 101.5 to nearly 103.

She's on antibiotics. Hopefully, we'll all sleep tonight. I may still try to pull out the laptop. I know you're doing something on my behalf, and I should be grateful, right?! : )

Monday, November 12, 2007 9:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Melly you are so funny girl....it is 7:15am and I am laughing so hard...

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:23:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh, by the way. . . Mark's got a great story about freaking out a telemarketer, too. I need to have him tell you.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:25:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home