Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Back to My Roots

Well, actually my roots are back.

Today was a particularly lazy day. Chris worked outside on the truck for awhile. Cooper napped briefly (on my arm) and when I eventually tried to get up to go nap too, he woke up.

I had a quick bath (with two bubble stealers) then I narrowly escaped the tub with dry hair and let them cavort for awhile. The boys' splashing and punching each other got to be a bit much so I pulled the plug. Boy, was Carter maaaaaaaaaaaad. He screamed and sulked until he fell asleep on the living room floor, right before we were getting ready to go to Mom and Dad's for supper.

I got him dressed while he slept and even when Chris sat him up to put his coat on he was still sleeping. He eventually woke up and walked out to the Jeep.

We had an awesome awesome supper. Two different roasts (I believe one was beef and the other was venison). Both were delicious, along with the mashed potatoes and gravy and salad and veggies. Mom made blueberry and apple pies, neither of which I had room for.

We played a couple games of Sequence and visited before everyone headed out. Of course I had to be home in time to watch Desperate Housewives. I actually watched Brothers and Sisters too; this one I've watched a bit of off and on and it was an excellent episode. I love how the family all comes together in a crisis just like ours does.

The boys actually behaved quite peacefully while I watched my show, and they watched a few minutes of Ratatouille in their room before they fell asleep. I just remembered again awhile ago that I'm off tomorrow. I had the option of taking the kids to the sitter but I felt a little guilty since I have the day off so we're staying home but Chris has to work.

So I was going to dye my hair before going to bed, but now I have all day to do it tomorrow! (I'm betting I'll be doing it at this time tomorrow night).

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Gosh I can't wait for the day when the bath tub will be all mine and I dont have to share! I am right with you on that one Melly!

Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey girl!

I'm home today, too. I'm trading my day off for Thursday - because Caroline's home from school!


Of course, we're going to get flu shots later today. . . .oy.

Monday, November 12, 2007 8:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home