Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, November 16, 2007

Mussssssssst Sleeeeeeeep

Oh man. It's not even ten and I'm fighting to stay awake. For some reason, after everyone else is asleep, I'm sitting here half-watching Ratatouille and half trying to make a calendar on the computer and about half of each of those halves is falling asleep.

Today was a good day; I was tired and started out with a nasty headache (thanks to Aunt Flo the rotten little troll). After breakfast and a piping hot French Vanilla Cappuccino and some Tylenol, I started to feel better. I got a call from Loretta telling me that the stationery store downtown had their big clearance sale on. So I took an early coffee break and I bought all the Epson cartridges for my printer that they had. I picked up two three-packs of my coloured ink, one high-capacity black cartridge, and eleven other individual colour cartridges for seventy bucks. Seriously. I can't even get the black and colour cartridges for one round for that price. I saved over three hundred dollars. Now I can print away to my heart's content. I just have to pray that my printer lasts as long as the ink does!

It was a quiet day at the office. No clinics running. Barely any foot traffic coming in and fewer calls than usual. It was a really good catch-up day.

Kelly and I did a quick marathon at lunch. First we ran to Wal-Mart where she and I grabbed a few groceries and I picked up pictures. I grabbed Chris lunch from McDonald's there and we ran it over to him. We stopped to drop her groceries at home then took Carter to school. We still had a few minutes to spare so we ran to Safeway to grab a drink and a snack and headed back to the office. I munched on some veggies and dip and the rest of the afternoon went quickly. (Oh...let's "ran" I mean wasn't *that* kind of marathon!)

I picked up the boys and we came home. I brought a long narrow box home from the office for the boys to play in. That sucker entertained them for a few hours. I was expecting to get maybe five minutes out of it. After they stomped on it too much for it to be a tunnel anymore, Carter was kind of standing in it saying he wanted to be a robot. I cut the box to make two pieces and cut armholes for Carter to stick his arms through. I gave him a marker and he drew on the box while I made another robot for Cooper. I drew a robot on the front of it and he had no interest in wearing it but still played around with it a bit.

Carter was asleep by eight and Cooper followed about an hour later, with Chris zonking on the couch somewhere in between. And that brings me back to being the only one up, fighting to stay awake myself. I'd better get a good night's sleep 'cause these boys get up mighty early and get into stuff if they get up before I do. Scary.


Blogger Vicky S. said...

Wow! That's a steal on the ink. Wish they had sales like that here.
I guess it isn't just me that feels like it's 2am when it's just 10pm. Then again it could just have been the muscle relaxers. Hope you have a great weekend.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 11:33:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home