Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007


This morning I managed to remember that I had to go back to work. I showered and readied myself and the boys and made it to the sitter on time.

The morning went by like the blink of an eye. Seriously. I had seventeen voicemails to retrieve, which took about five tries since the phone was ringing nonstop. The call volume extra heavy Donna was out at the dentist for about the first hours or so. Plus we had a flu clinic running so we were very busy!

I brought lunch to Chris from Dairy Queen and he managed to squeeze in a minute to dine with me in the Jeep. I remembered to pick up Carter and take him to school. (Yay me!)

The afternoon went almost as quickly as the morning did. I remembered to go pick up the boys and we stopped by Chris's work then came home. I had big plans of making a pork tenderloin; I received my Victorian Epicure order this afternoon so I have a new supply of my favourite Beef & Steak Rub and the Three-Onion Dip Mix. The beef and steak rub makes an amazing marinade and I use the three-onion stuff for so many things, like the scrambled eggs we had for supper yesterday. Yumm.

However, I never ended up cooking anything. Chris was on a hunt for some truck parts and had a brush with fame at Canadian Tire. He bumped right into Lukas Rossi from Rockstar Supernova in the automotive department. He didn't know his name but definitely recognized him from TV. I only watched Rockstar INXS so I'd have had pretty much no clue who the guy was. Anyhoo, by the time Chris got home I had fed the boys snacks and sandwiches. I had some banana loaf for supper and just awhile ago had a bowl of cereal. Weird.

I finished up a couple projects tonight; a Christmas letter for my friend's Dad and some thank you cards for a coworker. Chris's Dad stopped by for a visit. All that and I'm off to bed before midnight with about fifteen minutes to spare, as long as I don't remember something else!


Blogger Angie said...

Wow, sounds like a wild evening/day. Mine was a typical Tuesday. . . I did manage to blog, but that's about it.

Mark's home with Caroline today--I'll go home at noon, and let him go to work.

My inlaws arrive tomorrow. Need I say more?

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 7:01:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home