Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Santa...Are You Out There?

I'm just sitting on the couch half watching the American Music Awards and half reading blogs and catching up on scrapbooking news, when a deer goes scampering down my street. I quickly stood up and watched it go the length of our block and disappear out of sight. I scanned the rest of the street and the air in case I got to see Santa, but it must have just been a regular deer...

We went to Mom and Dad's house for supper tonight. The roads were bare and dry. But during the course of the three-ish hours that we were there, winter arrived and dumped about two and a half inches of snow on us. The roads on the way home...sucked. I've officially switched to winter driving and it's not as fun to go this slow, but of course it's way safer.

We came home and both boys fell asleep shortly after. The rest of the weekend involved my nursing a very sore neck and shoulder and fighting a rotten headache (I woke in great pain yesterday morning). I have a bit of a cold too so today was my first day getting out of the house since Friday after work. I started feeling much better this afternoon and it was good to get my face on and get out of the house.

Not to mention a stellar supper at Mom and Dad's house. We visited for awhile after supper then trekked out in the snow and came home. I must have really caught up on my sleep this weekend, since it's almost ten and I'm still wide awake. I'm going to try to stay up and work on a couple projects. We'll see how long that lasts...

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

WOW! SNOW? Not here. It's gonna be nearly 70 degrees today. Oy.

Miss talking to you. Lots of sewing done this weekend! : )

A

Monday, November 19, 2007 9:49:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Man! Down your street! He must be close! I took the kids to see two very sad looking reindeer all dressed up on Saturday...."ala naturale" would have been much better!

Monday, November 19, 2007 1:51:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home