Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas is Heeeeeeeeeeeeere!

Today was a banner day. I managed to get up and shower and get ready, including everything for the boys. I opened Carter's backpack (forgot to open it after school on Friday...oops) and found a reminder note that his Christmas concert was today. No problem. I remembered and was all set; I even had a new shirt and socks for Carter to wear. But what was news to me was that I was to bring a plate of dainties. Yikes.

During coffee break I ran to the grocery store to grab some dainties. The lovely people at IGA make up trays of them. I picked up a tray of them and ran back to the office. I put the most homemade looking ones onto a different plate and covered it with tin foil. Hee. At least I made it look like I tried!

Carter's concert was hilarious, awesome, and oh so sweet. I have very little in the way of photos since there were only a few spotlights on the kids. I took video each of the five times his class performed, which isn't great quality, but I captured a little of Carter and I love it! Here is a picture of the class on the stage:

And a picture of my cute little reindeer after the show:

The little turkey...once he spotted me in about the fourth video, he stopped performing. He just kept staring at me and making faces. Silly boy. All in all it was great. I stayed for a few minutes after for dainties and headed back to work.

Shortly after I returned to work, my Christmas package arrived from Future Shop! Woohoo! My external hard drive is heeeeeeere! Merry Christmas to Me! Don't even think that I kept it in the package so it could get wrapped and go under the tree. That didn't happen. I originally intended so, but once I saw it I had to open the package. And once I got it out of that horrible hard plastic wrapper, I couldn't get it back in there. I tried. And scuffed the pleather storage cover in the process. Just a little while ago I finished backing up all my pictures from the kids' births to now, along with all my digital scrapbooking and other projects. Very exciting. And it's tiny enough to fit in my purse! All 160 gigabytes of it. Yay!

For some strange reason, my kids are BOTH still up and acting VERY goofy. Their Uncle Jason stopped by to drop off a parcel for me to send out tomorrow and they're really showing off for him. I just uploaded all the Christmas concert stuff; if I compress one of the videos enough I might be able to post one here. The shortest one (about two minutes) is about 180MB. Hyuge!

Well, I need to go be a referee for the crazy children and try to get them to bed. I have some scrapping to do tonight and it's not getting itself done! I just hope the kids fall asleep before I do!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. What a cute reindeer you have. You and Mr. Claus must be so proud!!!

Monday, December 17, 2007 10:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Great blog Melly

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:24:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home