Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, December 24, 2007

And To All A Good Night

The matching pajama photo shoot...wasn't a smashing success...until I made some necessary adjustments with PhotoShop...I took at least ten various pictures. This was the first and when I uploaded them to have a look, I had none with Carter smiling. So I went after him for one more shot; Cooper had long since fled the scene. So I took the cheesy grin off Carter's last picture and plastered it on this one...

So we went to church tonight...yes, all four of us. We left here at seven so we could get seats. We walked in at the very same instant my parents did at the opposite entrance. We had plenty of space to sit. Cindy and Dominic joined us later. So the first hour the boys were wonderful and sweet waiting for mass to begin. Then they were done. And the mass began. It wasn't too bad but Cooper kept saying, ''Go home, Mommy''.

The kids had the opportunity to go up to the front of the church to see baby Jesus in the nativity scene. Carter would have done great if he didn't have Cooper to drag with him. At first it was so sweet watching Carter the big brother holding little brother Cooper's hand. Cooper lost enthusiasm and just wanted to get back to me. Then Cooper kept saying Jesus throughout the rest of the mass, among his comments about wanting to go home. All in all they were both very good. I brought books and snacks to try to keep them occupied.

After church we took a ride to see some Christmas lights. There is a family who is famous for their massive display of lights and every imaginable illuminated lawn decoration, including two puppet theatre boxes and all the inflatables, an igloo, and zillions of lights. We drove past but not through (due to the sheer traffic volume) the cemetery to see all the ice candles people put out for their loved ones. It was very difficult to get the effect of all the candles since the headlights of all the cars camouflaged any other lights that were there. It seems to me there were many more last year, however it could have just been the timing with all the after-church traffic.

We came home and the boys were allowed to open one present; their matching Spiderman pajamas (thus the photo shoot). Me and my wanting to start a new tradition! I had barely remembered to wrap them; I did it in the ten seconds before leaving the house for church! And it was so worth it. I'm totally going to do this every year!

Merry Christmas to all...(and read the title again)

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Too hilarious! I love the "photoshopped" face!

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:56:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home