Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Enchanted

Well, yesterday Mom flew home (and yes, are her arms tired!)

She stayed overnight in the hospital just to make sure she could get some follow-up with our local docs, and I was so excited to have her back in town I ran up to see her on my afternoon coffee break. Then I went up later with Cooper when I was headed to Wal-Mart for a couple groceries. I went back once more to bring her a couple things from Wal-Mart.

Today after work I picked up the boys and went up to see her. I trucked them all the way down the halls after their liberal self-doses of hand sanitizer, and her door was closed. I gently knocked on the door and slowly opened it to peek in. Both beds were made (I'm sure you could have bounced quarters off them). I figured Mom must have gone home.

I went into one of the family rooms with a phone and called Mom and Dad's house. Sure enough, she was home! Apparently I missed the memo. hahaha. I was so pleased to hear she was home that I didn't mind finding out the hard way!

I brought the boys home and Chris hung out outside with them so I could go pick up some hotdog buns. Chris barbecued some hotdogs and the boys did a pretty good job putting them away.

After supper Chris and I were both tired but SURPRISINGLY we suited up the boys and we all went for a walk! We walked to the video store and rented ''Enchanted''. Cute, sweet, magical Disney movie. After the movie the boys finally went to sleep. I stayed up and finished up a scrapbook layout using Theresa's new kit ''Sunshine on Wildflowers'' available at NDISB. (Click to enlarge)
Credits: Theresa Hernandez' ''Sunshine on Wildflowers'' kit
available at NDISB for everything except the ribbon, also
by Theresa from the NDISB collab kit ''Bountiful Harvest''.
Journaling: ''This was Carter’s first time out on the grass, just over
a year old. I love his look of wonder as he explored his surroundings.''

Now my eyes are fried and I need to get to bed. And it's already Friday tomorrow! Two days off at the beginning of the week is a grrrrrrreat idea for making the rest of the week go by quickly!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Eileen said...

I am SO happy to hear that your Mom is back home! :) Hugs!

Friday, April 11, 2008 1:19:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

That is such good news. Give her a big squeezy hug from me!

Friday, April 11, 2008 3:04:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home