Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Up and Around

When we arrived at the hospital on Monday morning, we could already see an improvement in Mom. She was feeling VERY rough and in a lot of pain, but I could already tell how well she'd pulled off the surgery. She still had the funky inflatable stockings on (to promote circulation in her legs and deter clotting). I asked if, despite the pain she was obviously in, if she felt any different. She said she felt smaller. Well I guess so! That sucker was at least ten pounds! Her pain pump wasn't working properly so by the time we were ready to go they were replacing it.

Dr. Yaffe actually emailed me a couple pictures of it this evening. Incredible. I won't be sharing them here, and no, my digi-scrapping friends, I won't be scrapping them. But they are truly amazing! It amazed me to see what's been in there making Mom feel so bad for so long, and to know that it's not in there to hurt her anymore. Thank God.

Dad emailed today to say Mom was up and around a little bit walking. When I called this evening, she had even wandered all the way down the hall and back. What a woman! I wish I could still be there, but she really is getting Grade 'A' care there so I hope they keep her until she's really well enough to return.

Today was a very busy day at work. I had to do all my month-end stuff that I wasn't there to do yesterday. I picked up Kelly and took her out for lunch since it was her birthday on Friday. I gave her a shirt and the movie Sweeney Todd, featuring her husband, Johnny Depp. She and I were both away on her birthday; she was in CUBA sunning her buns with her family and I was in chilly-willy Winnipeg with mine! I took Carter to school, dropped off Kelly and went back to work. The whole day FLEW by, and we had an all-staff teleconference near the end of the afternoon.

I picked up the boys after work and brought a set of keys to Chris since he had locked himself out of his truck. I didn't mock him in any way, since I used to have frequent-idiot points with the locksmith some years ago. ;)

We came home and Carter was asleep. Chris had picked up his Dad who wanted to bring over some ground beef for supper. I made two meatloaves, twice-baked potatoes with cheese and bacon bits, and veggies. The boys ate some, and most oddly, Cooper seems to like broccoli. Weird!

After visiting for awhile after supper, I dropped off Chris's Dad and took Cooper with me to Wal-Mart for pull-ups, milk, soy milk, bread, hot dogs and buns and a few other things that weren't on the list. The total? $101.01. Of course it had to break the hundred-dollar mark. We came home and started watching "Alvin & the Chipmunks" that I had just purchased (One fifth of the bill at Wal-Mart!) Cooper fell asleep fairly quickly; Carter is already watching it a second time. He napped not-so-briefly just before suppertime, so he's still up and going strong.

I might go to bed and do a few sudoku puzzles. Speaking of which, with all the time we spent at the hospital over the weekend (nearly every waking moment), I probably did somewhere around seventy-five sudoku puzzles! I picked up a couple sudoku books at Chapters, so it kept me occupied. Cindy and Dad put a good dint in the books too, and I left one for him.


Blogger Bob said...

Gee. I would like to see the pics! But then, I like to see gross things. Anyway, hope your Mom is feeling better.

Bet this takes a heap of worry off you, huh.

Take care.


Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:53:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm so glad that things are going well. Lots of prayer, my friend. Lots of prayers.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:58:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home