Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's a Bird...It's a Plane...

That's it...it's a plane!

Mom flew to Winnipeg today. She called this evening and said the pilot really put his foot to the floor and they got there quickly. She's checked in and will be visited by the surgeon in the morning. Then it's a matter of booking the surgery; hopefully soon too. Dad's going up first thing in the morning; Cindy and I will travel together once we find out what's up.

So today was a bit tiring; some anxiety, some stress, and some peace knowing Mom is being looked after and will be helped soon. Dad was looking back at some of Mom's notes and records and she was diagnosed with an enlarged spleen just over a YEAR AGO. Duh. Prior to that she was misdiagnosed with Lupus for over a year. Obviously no one has been in a hurry to help her so far. So it's great to see things moving now. Especially since her spleen, if tanned and laced could double as a bigass football, I'm sure.

So, surprisingly I don't have much to say; I'm tired and can't wait to get there to see Mom and see her get some care from a good bunch of doctors and some long-overdue relief. I've never been sure if I pray 'properly' but I sure know God has been listening to my random ramblings to Him! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

There is no such thing as a PROPER prayer. Just talk.

. . .and from what I can attest to. . . you're good at that!

Love you, girl!!!

Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:15:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

with each email you send I pray more.. love you mucho

Thursday, March 27, 2008 10:46:00 a.m.  
Blogger Amy Eileen said...

I was thinking about you and your Mom this morning and thought I would pop by. I hope you and your sis had a safe drive. Best wishes to your Mom.

Let us know how she gets on.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:08:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Oh Melly...my thoughts and well wishes go out to you all.

Friday, March 28, 2008 12:10:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home