Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Latest Buzz

Yesterday after work I picked up the kiddies and dropped off the print project I'd been slaving over for the past few days. I took both kids to Wal-Mart, promising them we could get Bee Movie that came out on DVD on Tuesday. They were excited, and were soooooo well behaved in Wal-Mart! I ought to remember they're much better behaved in public than at home and should take them out more!

We came home and we were going to have meatloaf but there were too many whines from Carter. He just wanted to eat the cookies I promised for dessert (if they ate a good supper). So I had decided to try them on Hamburger Helper. Whoa! I never usually buy pre-made kind of stuff like that, but they went for it! Chris really liked it too; it was the lasagne variation. We'll have to try that again soon!

After supper we started watching Bee Movie. It was cute and kept Carter amused but Cooper was running willy-nilly all over causing annoyance to his brother. Then they clobbered each other a bit. After the movie, I put it on in their bedroom and Carter went to bed to watch it. Cooper was still monkeying around even after a couple attempts to get him to join his brother. Dad lent us the movie No Country for Old Men (I think that was the title). There was a totally cr-zazy guy in there just running around killing people. That's about what I got out of the parts I saw. Carter came out and asked me to go to sleep with him. So I snuggled up with him and I fell asleep in no time. I woke up a couple hours later and Carter was gone to his own bed, asleep.

I hadn't meant to fall asleep, but Carter had outlasted me. So I got up and drafted a birthday invitation I was supposed to have done in the evening. Then I crawled back into bed and to my delight everyone slept through to this morning. It's been that way for at least a week and has been heavenly! I hope the boys continue this new trend!

This morning I don't know if I pressed snooze too many times or actually shut off the alarm in error, or if I forgot to set it. But I woke up at quarter after seven, which is cutting it close for me to get myself and the boys ready on time. We made it. The kids were so good this morning it was hard to believe they were the same two that were clobbering each other last night! I let them take their new movie to the sitter's house. When I asked the boys to get their coats on, I heard this conversation, and wondered what planet I'd been taken to:

Carter: "Here's your jacket, Cooper."
Cooper: "Thank you."
Carter: "You're welcome."

I almost fainted.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Suhweet, my dear!!! I can't wait to see the "Bee" movie. I can't tell if it's something that will keep C's attention or not!

Saturday, March 15, 2008 11:16:00 a.m.  
Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

omgoodness! It's to the point where you are no longer afraid or ashamed to take them out in public! ~wipes a tear~ It's a big day, my friend, big day indeed.
I also bought C the Bee Movie - I have no idea what it's about, cuz when we sit down to watch it - I fall asleep!

Monday, March 17, 2008 1:52:00 p.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

what a riot,,, that ocnversation will make up for all the iother stuff...katherine had to see the Bee movie b/c Hannah refused to see august rush, we came out of our movie loving it, crying, gushing and Katherine kept saying "enough already... I get it you saw a good movie, I saw a movie about a bee in love with a human...and no one even addressed the fact that they were diff species." anyway that is all i know about the movie

Monday, March 17, 2008 4:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Amy Eileen said...

LOL Seems you have taught them well Melly!

We went to see the Bee Movie at the movies the other day. They had it playing for a toonie so that was awesome! :) Such a fun film.

Monday, March 17, 2008 5:09:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home