Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

What a Snotface!

Me. What a snotface. My nose will not stop running. Apparently somewhere along the way during our trip to the clinic on Friday and our three-hour visit to the emergency room on Saturday, I seem to have caught whatever ick that some or all of the sickos in the waiting rooms had. Ick. Plenty of sneezing and nose-blowing.

Sunday night I did end up doing laundry so I'd have something to wear this week. But there are quite a few things I don't like to put in the dryer so I draped them all over the dining room chairs and various other furniture anywhere near the furnace vents.

Yesterday was a brutal, stereotypical Monday. Busy day! In the evening we had a work meeting for our union, then I rented a movie, Feast of Love. There was nothing else I wanted to see, and I was on the lookout for a chick flick. While I was at the video store, (no, the movie nazi was actually NOT there!) I found a bin of old VHS movies that were on sale for two bucks each. Plus they were buy two, get two free. So I grabbed four for four bucks! I chose E.T. (my favourite childhood movie...I had an E.T. doll that I adored), Jumanji, Air Bud, and Balto. Carter seemed most interested in E.T. so I put it on his room and we started watching Feast of Love. (Greg Kinnear, Morgan Freeman). It was okayyyy but definitely a 'B' movie. Not a bad story but plenty of gratuitous nudity. Speaking of 'B' movies, Bee Movie is coming out next week. I predict that will be our next chain-watching (similar in principle to chain smoking except less deadly) movie that we get. I'll probably buy it.

Today was another nutso day at the office. I can't seem to find the surface of my desk again these days. I vow to tomorrow to get there. I brought Chris lunch today before taking Carter to school. He was so excited to wear his new TMNT shirt and new running shoes today. After work I picked up the boys and Carter was tired and cranky. He's been falling asleep before supper and then staying up too late so he's a zombie by the time he's done school.

We came home and we did the medicine wrestling portion of the evening. Carter takes some psyching up, but he does it himself, knowing he gets a drink of pop after. With Cooper I'm still fish-hooking him and it's working. My favourite part is the icky-face Carter makes and he gets this twitchy-shiver after. Yes, I find it funny, and yes, I know I'm mean.

I started making spaghetti for supper and I wanted to go out to Cindy's to bring Bob a birthday card but they were going to be out for the evening. I called Mom and Dad to see if we could go visit and they hadn't had supper yet so they zoomed over and had spaghetti and garlic bread with us and the boys. We hung out and visited for awhile then Mom and Dad went home. I hung out online at NDISB and got some scrapping inspiration in the gallery there. I should be back up and scrapping in no time.

Oh and I signed Carter up for youth soccer yesterday! My kid's first sporting event! I sure hope he enjoys it! Well, I'm off to bed, but I might so searching the cupboard for some sort of decongestant so I don't wake up in the morning with a sandpaper tongue from having to breathe through my mouth all night!

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy Eileen said...

Being sick is NOT fun, I hope you get better quickly! :)

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 8:59:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

YAY Carter!!!!!! i know this is make for lots of photos... feel better soon

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 6:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mandy said...

Poor Melly! I hope you're feeling better. Your posts always crack me up and they're so full of information. :)

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 6:41:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helena said...

Once, years ago, I was walking around the house with tissue stuffed up my nose, and I told DH it was performance art. He asked what it was called and I said, "Untitled with Tissue." We always call it that now.

The word verification says "evayancy." I think I've met somebody with that name.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 8:23:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

First off.... do I need to send you drugs, you know, across the border? Mark still has an "inside" connection.

I hope you get feeling better soon. I need to scrap, but there are so many other things that are needful.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 8:28:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home