Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

You Give Me Fever

Well, not ME, but both boys have been feverish since yesterday afternoon. (See I'm trying to emulate Angie's song-bloggingness.) I made yummy homemade chicken fingers for supper and roasted potatoes and corn. They ate a bit. I ate a lot; the usual story.

The night before (Monday), Chris went fishing after work and I zoomed the boys out to Mom & Dad's so I could go to a work meeting. The meeting was surprisingly less than an hour and I managed to get back to Mom and Dad's and have supper before they were all done. I stopped to say Hi to Chris on the way back from Mom and Dad's (he was fishing in an ice shack on the ice road; pictures to follow if I take any today on my way there).

Carter had fallen asleep after supper and Cooper was sleepy by the time we got home. I guess they were already feeling a bit out of sorts with whatever bug they now have. So we three were sleeping by the time Chris got back from fishing.

This morning they were both still feverish but in high spirits. Chris had given Carter some Motrin when he got up and I gave Cooper some Tylenol before we left for the sitter. We were completely out of soy milk by this morning and I did a quick Wal-Mart run on the way to pick some up. You know you get to Wal-Mart early when the employees are still doing their Wal-Mart happy dance! I quickly grabbed milk and some juice and bolted outta there and took the boys to the sitter. I took Kirk (sitter's son) to school and made it to work with time to spare to plug in the Jeep and beat the Purolator guy there.

Last night we watched THEEE SINGLE MOST DISTURBING MOVIE I have ever (partly) seen. It's called The Girl Next Door. Set in the late 1950s; a terrible based-on-a-true-story movie that was about a young girl getting tortured by her hideously horrible aunt. I kept saying I couldn't watch anymore. I thought it might get better but it got worse. I finally left the room; feeling ILL. Chris shut it off and I told him I needed to watch something funny immediately or I wouldn't be able to sleep. I'd have been able to handle any horrible ridiculous slasher movie over this one; perhaps because this was based on something real. Anyway, I don't know what happens at the end; but it couldn't possibly have a happy ending. I felt awful after watching The Accused with Jodie Foster years ago, but this one was wayyyyyyyyy worse.

Anyhoo, we're having supper with Mom and Dad tonight then Mom and I are going to Bingo. Perhaps I'll post more later; but...ummm...I'm totally a failure in the photo-a-day process. Ugh. I'll try to take one later today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Yummers! said...

You sound like movie people like we are. We often watch a movie in the morning or afternoon and always after dinner. Last night we watched 'Fracture' with Anthony Hopkins and 'The Sting'. This morning we watched 'The Namesake'... low on plot but very interesting. We use Netflix... 3 at a time, or pay-per-view, or something off our shelves. We're both addicts. Haven't seen your sick-o movie but have seen the Saw series. My husband won't watch those.

Not working has its benefits. Your time will come... but so will old age.

You're lucky to have your mom and dad living so close.

Off to finish reading blogs before dinner.
Joni

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:45:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home