Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Carter's 100th Day of School

For Carter's 100th day of school tomorrow, each student is to bring a shirt or hat decorated with 100 things on it to wear to class. So being the geek that I am, I opted for a quasi-scrapbooking project. I had taken a picture of Carter at school today, and all afternoon I tossed around ideas for what to choose for his 100 things. Paperclips? Stickers? Nah. How about a hundred pictures of himself!!!

Here is the picture I took of him: (I looooooove it!)

Below are the pictures of the project in the making. I put two-sided-sticky-pop-dots on the backs of the pictures and Carter started sticking them on the shirt. It was getting really close to his bedtime but he kept helping put them on the shirt, or at least helping clean up the little backings from the pop dot stickers. He used the little Shark vacuum I got Chris for Christmas. Once all the dots were on we did a test fitting and didn't lose a single picture.

So I'll bring the shirt to his class tomorrow and put it on him there. Then if the pictures fall off after that it's okay. They also each have to bring 100 of something to eat, such as marshmallows or chocolate chips or something to make a "100-Day Trail Mix". Fortunately I had a bag of chocolate chips in the freezer and I donned my vinyl gloves and counted out a hundred. By this time Carter was done counting. But it is SOOOOOO cool to see my little dude count all the way to a hundred! Oh, and by the way, one hundred chocolate chips in a snack-size Ziploc bag I could eat in about two bites. I was tempted to bring at least six more bags but I'll adhere to the original plan.

Here are the pictures of the project in the making and the test fitting:
It was a fun project; it will be fun to see Carter wear his shirt into the classroom tomorrow. They're supposed to be having a sliding party this week but the weather is still so dang cold. They've already postponed it once. We'll see.

Well, I'm about toast too, so I'm going to wrap this up and head for bed. Oh yeah...we sort of watched the lunar eclipse tonight. Fortunately we could watch the whole thing from our bedroom window. Cooper was really keeping tabs on its progress.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

You are a geek. . .but what a cool memory!!! You rock, sister!

Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:42:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

OH MY! Great job MUm

Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:04:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey, my package arrived, but Mark's in prison. Did you know it's ILLEGAL to send that stuff across the border???!?

He says that he's coming after you in 3-5 years.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:47:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mark Aubrey said...

I had to bribe my new friend with a pack of smokes to get some internet access. I don't have much time. The warden's looking at me strange. Next time, keep your stinkin' meds. I might be out in 2, with good behaviour. (Note spelling for our northern friends). Angie, make the cake a chocolate one. Thanks.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:19:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

::hee hee:: I'm still giggling over this.

Friday, February 22, 2008 9:28:00 a.m.  
Blogger Mellykat said...

FOR THE RECORD...
I mailed my friend Angie some Buckley's Mixture (this is a cough syrup) that is apparently only available in Canada, along with some Fisherman's Friend cough lozenges last week when she was feeling ill.

She just received them yesterday, therefore this amusing yet somewhat cryptic series of comments ensued.

Seriously, Aubrey family...just WAIT until you actually TRY the stuff!

Melany :)

Friday, February 22, 2008 11:26:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

Son Joel thinks that Buckleys is something we give him when he is bad... but it works, eh? (ooops I need to choose a side of the border!) and how did I miss this post yeterday? was it here when i commmented on other posts?
you did not send them neo-citran??? which, when i send Mary to school each semester, is tucked into her bag along with Don Cherry's Cold FX.... which Hannah calls hockey medicine.... okay so the AMericans will never get that one

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:22:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your 100 day shirt idea, and I just love it. I was looking for a creative idea to make with my oldest. Can you tell me what size you printed the pictures? Did you use a home printer or have them done?
Thanks for your help,
Heather

Saturday, February 07, 2009 9:59:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mellykat said...

To Heather,
In reply to your blog comment about the 100th day of school shirt, I printed the pictures about 1" x 1" and fastened each with a two-sided foam pop-dot. If you would like me to email more information, please let me know and I'd be glad to help out!
Cheers!

Monday, February 09, 2009 12:24:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melany,
I would appreciate any additional information you could send my way. My son and I will be working on his 100 day shirt next week. I am far from being crafty, but your shirt looks so cute that I really want to try it. (I'm a second grade teacher and I've seen a lot of hundred day creations...but I just loved this one:))

Thanks again!
Heather

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mellykat said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:44:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home