Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Long Weekend!

The boys did great with the sitter yesterday; I had no worries. At lunchtime Kelly and I went downtown. She had an eyebrow appointment so I dropped her off there and went to fill up the Jeep with gas.

I went back to pick her up and I found this cute changepurse that matches my purse that I got in Winnipeg when we went to see Michael Bublé.

We went to a kitchen-y gift shop that is closing its doors to see if we could get any good deals. We didn't find anything. Our next stop was Subway for a quick bite and I picked up subs for Stephanie (our sitter) and the boys.

We zipped back to the office and it was a very quiet afternoon, much like the morning was. A good day for catching up on stuff. After work I came home and got the boys ready to go to my parents' house for supper. We met up with Stephanie's mom and dropped her off and headed to Mom & Dad's. Chris was bringing a part for Mom's snowmobile so he showed up in his truck.

We had an awesome supper. Mom made a delicious meatloaf, theeeeee best scalloped potatoes, veggies, salad, fresh bread and pecan pie for dessert. After supper we decided to watch a movie. I rented three movies: Snow Dogs, Good Luck Chuck, and Gone Baby, Gone. I figured we'd watch Gone Baby Gone, but Chris wanted to watch Good Luck Chuck. NOTTHEKINDOFMOVIEYOUWANTTOWATCHWITHYOURPARENTS. Plenty of gratuitous nudity and sex. Some funny parts. Happy ending.

Both kids were asleep by the time we were ready to go. Chris went out to start the Jeep for me and I fell asleep for a couple minutes too. It was tempting to just stay there but Chris had to work this morning. We packed up the kids and headed home.

This morning I had a rotten headache. I managed to entertain the boys with colouring, playdough and movies. Chris came home and I was napping with Cooper. He had a pedicure appointment (his heels get sooooooooo awfully cracked from being in his workboots for sixty hours a week) then he took Carter fishing. When they got back, I put my face on and did my hair and got dressed to go out to pick up some snacks. Cindy and family were coming over.

They arrived seconds after I returned from Wal-Mart (and Tim Horton's). I picked up a few gallons of milk, chips and dip and a few other snacky foods. We put on the movie, Gone Baby, Gone. I had many distractions from the boys, and as usual, I missed much of the movie. My headache started to dissipate (probably was from caffeine withdrawal). Carter fell asleep pretty early and Cooper zonked after they all left.

And as I was typing that last sentence, Cooper just woke up, started to cry and started to throw up. I grabbed him immediately after the first wave, which was just clear liquid. We made it onto the kitchen linoleum for the second wave, which had more substance to it. Ew. Third wave was aimed at the toilet and mostly contained by the toilet. I gave him a bath and a drink of water and Chris and I cleaned up all the puke. I put him in clean jammies and he's snoozing by my feet on a cozy blanket on the floor. I'm gonna go tuck him into his bed and do a couple sudoku puzzles before I zonk too.

Oh but before I go...finally a photo for the day...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the hair! What a cute photo!

Sunday, February 17, 2008 9:12:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm sorry he puked. love the pic, though.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

love that photo... this is cool isnt it? doing these photos, I think we will be pleased at the end of the year

Sunday, February 17, 2008 8:33:00 p.m.  
Blogger Kat said...

OMG I totally love the hair do! CUtie!

Monday, February 18, 2008 12:19:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Wow girl you rush around ssooo much! No wonder you got a headache! Hehehe! You love suduko...so does Den. And as for that calendar...just too darn cute! Can't you see Chris in him and how Coops will look when older! What a spunk! Hahaha!

Monday, February 18, 2008 5:41:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home