Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Fond Farewell

Today was Kendra's memorial service. I'm sooooooooooo glad that her family agreed to have one for her back home since so many people couldn't travel to the funeral in Saskatchewan. It was a lovely, sweet service, wonderfully arranged by the great people over at Timbers church. Kendra's family was amazing and awesome. I managed to read my eulogy-story-thingy, however I was falling apart fast until Kendra's sister came up and held the microphone for me. I pulled it together and finished off my stories. I had cried so many times already throughout the afternoon that the tears came so easily.

The letters and stories about Kendra together with the prayer and songs were very moving and uplifting. I feel as though a big weight has been lifted from me. I'm so glad to have been a part of Kendra's life and the celebration of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Somehow, I managed to miss this sweet post. She was certainly blessed to have you as a friend.

I know I am. . . . : )

Monday, February 11, 2008 3:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

Melanie,

Sometimes there just are no words to express our thoughts. That is where I find myself now. Just know that my thoughts are with you.

E

Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:16:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home