Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Saturday Mourning

Before I blog about the weekend I want to take a moment to commemorate the life of my friend Kendra who passed away early Saturday morning. When I was away, Chris received a message from Kendra's husband Les, and Chris called me with the phone number. I called and left a message for Les that I was out of town, and if he could, would he call my cell. I then braced myself for that call. I received the call from Les and he told me that she slipped away at about three in the morning.

Unfortunately the funeral services are in Saskatchewan, making it virtually impossible for me to attend. What brought me peace throughout the rest of the weekend were thoughts of Kendra being with her baby Jessica again.
God Bless You, Kendra.
You will be so missed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Thanks again for calling me on Sunday. Things are good.

This is a very sweet post about your friend.

Love you.....

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 11:02:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

yes i agree with angie, a sweet post, a gorgeous photo... I am praying melany

Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:31:00 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your loss Melany. I can't imagine how it is to lose someone so close. Huge Hugs sent to you, Your family, and her family.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 8:56:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home