Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Quiet on the Homefront

Well it was quite a day!

Nobody else threw up since Carter did last night. By morning Chris was not well. At all. Through the night each time I would wake up I could hear his guts churning. Ew. Carter woke up feverish but in good spirits. I gave him some Motrin and a Gravol suppository to keep the nausea away. I gave one to Cooper too, since we decided I would take just him to the babysitter and Carter would stay home with Chris.

Cooper had a couple bouts of diarrhea throughout the day but Carter was okay. Chris had a pretty rough day but he seems to be coping well. (Better than I had expected, anyway.)

Work was very busy with Donna still off but it made for a very fast day. Kelly and I arranged to go for lunch, which worked well, since I was able to pick up a couple bowls of chicken soup for Chris and Carter while we were at Tim Horton's, some more ginger ale and juice for them as well, and deliver Cooper's dose of antibiotics that I forgot to leave with the sitter in the morning.

The afternoon flew by as quickly as the morning did. I picked Cooper up from the babysitter and he was in good spirits. We came home and so was Carter. All seemed well. I went to Tim Horton's to get some more soup for the boys to have for supper. I'm sticking to the clear fluid diet that the hospital had Cooper on, even though he is so sadly begging for some milk.

The boys were playing like 'normal children' after supper. (You would not think they were sick at all). I set up the Don't Break the Ice game a few times and they played nicely. I took a few shots at my picture of the day then I got them to pose on the couch for this one:

See? For the moment they were happily playing together AND not puking! Woohoo! I'm still praying that all will be well by the weekend so I can make my great escape with Kelly. Countdown to Bublé = FOUR DAYS! I wanted to give the boys Gravol again since it seems to be helping, along with the clear fluids I'm keeping them all on. But I thought the suppositories were an unnecessary evil, and went to the pharmacy for some chewable tablets for the boys and some caplets for Chris. I should have done that in the first place; I guess the doctor didn't think Cooper would tolerate the tablets or maybe the suppositories work faster. Not sure. But they were much happier to eat a cherry-flavoured tablet than the alternative!

Chris zonked out shortly after, and Carter wanted to go lie down with him. Cooper is still up and going strong but it's still relatively early compared to his usual bedtime. And I'm not sure how long he napped today. The night is still young but I'm hoping it will remain puke-free. As long as I don't cave and give Cooper any milk I'm thinkin' we might get through this without any extra laundry tonight! (Keep praying!)


Blogger 20Birds said...

i love reading your post and knowing where you work, where the tims is, etc... and i lvoe that everyone is getting better

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Vicky S. said...

Whew, what a week. Glad it's getting better. And Chris being sick wasn't so bad. LOL!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:03:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm so glad the worst is over. Tell Chris that I hope he's feeling better soon.

Stay healthy. Don't kiss any of them until after Buble. : )

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:48:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home