Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, January 05, 2008

A Couple More Quiet Days

My quiet days are numbered. I go back to work on Monday. The boys and I had our typical day. Well, not exactly. Cooper's been a bit of a terrible two lately and I haven't been sure how to deal with him. He hits and punches (hard!) whenever something doesn't go his way. Of course he learned it from Carter, but Carter has been pretty much cured from hitting (at least when he's in my line of sight).

So yesterday I went to the basement to pull out the high chair. Since it's the only chair with a buckle (and tray) I decided to try it out as a time-out chair. I never thought a time-out would be effective. But he knows I mean business when I buckle him in and set the timer on the microwave for ten minutes and leave him in the kitchen! He gets all mad at first and I make sure I tell him why he's going in there. After some screaming and yelling, he's ready for a hug and cuddle after. And I make sure I reiterate why he was in there. I tried it twice yesterday and just once today. Wish me luck. We'll see if it works.

Today after work Chris went to Mom and Dad's house to go ice fishing with the guys from work and my Dad. Mom invited us for supper. I packed up the boys a little later and headed out. The boys ate a miniscule amount of the (awesome) spaghetti. We visited for awhile after supper (Chris dozed off in a chair!) and we packed it in and came home.

Carter settled quickly; he didn't nap this afternoon. Cooper on the other hand, was a bit squirrelly for awhile. He fell asleep beside me on the couch about a half an hour ago. I was half-blogging and half-watching an old rerun of U.S. Marshalls.

Earlier today I did a blog re-design for one of my digiscrapping friends at NDISB. I was teasing her for not updating her blog and she let me do it up with a new kit she designed. You can see it HERE. Edited: Oops I had the wrong address. Now you can see the blog transformation I did!

Upon reading my friend Beth's blog the other day, I decided try to do a project/resolution that she is working on. Take a picture a day. Just a sec...I have to get the camera. Yeah, it really looks like I'm going to keep this resolution. ::Sigh:: Here is a picture I took a couple days ago. It might take me about a week to get into the swing of this new project!


Cooper in a Shoebox
Frame from the October Rust kit at Peppermint Creative

Photobucket

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Yeah... I hear you on the picture a day thing...I know several people doing it, but I'm not even going to try because I know I won't keep up with it LOL!
Good luck going back to work... it was NOT fun for me last week, although it was getting a little old breaking up fights between the boys.... if only I could have sent THEM back to school and stayed home myself LOL!

Sunday, January 06, 2008 6:17:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i really hope that you keep visiting after you back to work... it was so much fun seeing you on the blog, not that i have been so good about not lurking... i love the phots you posted , esp the sunrise/sunset?

Sunday, January 06, 2008 9:47:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey there, baby! Great pic of Cooper -- and the re-design of Amanda's blog???? Awesome.

Oh, and by the way, I LOOOOOOOOOVE the flowers cascading down the side of my blog!

Sunday, January 06, 2008 1:40:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home