Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Wow. It's 2008. And it's quarter past two and surprisingly I'm still up!

Tonight we had my parents over for a New Year's Eve fondue. I had a killer nap this afternoon, and I think the antibiotics are starting to provide me with some relief. I no longer feel like I've just been kicked in the face; now it feels like I was kicked in the face a couple days ago. Progress = good.

Chris took the boys sliding today and I napped the whole time they were gone. When they got back I cut up all the food for the fondue and started baking the potatoes. Mom and Dad arrived just before five-thirty and I prepared things and started heating the two pots of oil for the fondue. Meanwhile, I totally forgot to make the salad, garlic bread and the potatoes. DUH! I quickly made the twice-baked potatoes, we skipped the salad, and I baked the garlic bread. I had a bit of a late start to the fondue, but by the time I sat down, Carter and Cooper were pretty much done at the table. Everything turned out great, even though it was sort of served in stages.

After supper we watched Stardust. Chris's brother Jason and his girlfriend Brittany came over last night and we watched it then too, along with Spiderman 3, but I had many interruptions from the boys while the movies were on and missed quite a bit. So it was good to get to see more of Stardust tonight. A good magical, mystical movie.

Mom and Dad left around ten-thirty. I made a couple scrapbook pages for my Dad's Uncle Evan in Califormia. We received his Christmas card today so I want to send him something special; scrapbook pages of my boys and of my Grandma (who was one of his sisters). Here they are:

Grandma at Uncle Evan's in California; not sure of the date but likely the 70s.
Credits: LaWanna Desjardin's Oopsy Daisy kit from Scrapbook-Bytes.
Frame from Christy Sturm's Junk Drawer Blues kit at Butternug Squash Designs.



Aunt Bar, Uncle Evan & Grandma at Grandma's house.
Credits: Miss Mint's October Rust kit from Peppermint Creative.



Grandma as a young woman - beautiful picture that I treasure!
Credits: Life is Beautiful kit by Ninascraps at Oscraps and NDISB



Aunt Bar, Uncle Evan and Grandma; perhaps taken at a wedding?
Credits: Wrought Iron Butterfly kit by Christina Sturmaggio at Sophia Sarducci


Along with these pages I'm putting a few pages of the boys in too. Cooper's been up a couple times tonight; he's battling with some sort of bug seemingly like mine and I've been keeping a close eye on his temperature. He's had an on-and-off fever for the past couple days. Carter surprisingly seems to be staying strong and avoiding the ick. Probably because he's had most of the bugs known to man a couple years ago when he went to public day care.

Well, that's a wrap for the first hours of 2008; all the best to you this coming year! Many Blessings to You for a Happy and Healthy New Year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Happy New Year to you too... beautiful layouts!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 6:31:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Melly is back! New header, new pages! You rock Melly!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 2:52:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home