Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Byproduct of the Day

Well, yesterday it was urine and vomit. Today, poop. Somewhere along the way I gave up the fight again and if Carter wakes up before I do, he poops in his pull-up that I put on him at night to avoid washing bedding pretty much every morning.

Well, since we're off for the holidays this week, I'm ready to fight again. He has no trouble pooping on the toilet, and if he feels like showing off just to get a reward, he will. Little turkey.

We had a pretty fun day today and my sweet Mommy came over for a few hours to wrangle them so I could go into the office to do month-end. It took me about an hour then I did the bank deposit and picked up a parcel at the post office. I dropped off the stuff at the office and went to fill the Jeep. Thanks to a gift card from Chris's Dad for Christmas, and still having a quarter-tank left, it only cost me twenty-three bucks to fill it. Sweet. Then Chris called me and I brought him some lunch. He asked me to go pick up a part for his truck that he ordered so I did that on the way home too. It's impossible to get anything done quickly in this town. What I thought I could get done in an hour turned into three hours. Hope the boys didn't wear you out too much, Mom! (Thanks again!)

So far the boys have been pretty good but check with me in a couple days to see if I'm ready to 'eat my young' by then. When Chris came home from work I got ready to go to Bingo with Kelly. I actually planned ahead for supper (this morning!) and put some meatballs and potatoes in mushroom soup in the crock pot. I'm not really one for experimenting, but apparently Chris loved it and the boys ate some too. I am completely void of tasting abilities today (STILL) so I was worried it would be awful. Whew!

Unfortunately we didn't win a dang thing tonight. Zip. Nada. Bummer. But hey we got to catch up on much of our Christmas happenings and that is always fun to catch up. I showed Kelly this video of Carter singing O Canada and she laughed so hard and told me I have to post it. So as I mentioned last week, without further ado, I leave you with Carter singing O'Canada. We need to work on the word pronunciation a tad bit and he gets a little goofy toward the end and kind of quits, but it really is super-cute!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Oh my goodness. . . how much do I LOVE this??!?

What a great kid!

Happy New Year, my friend!!!!

Saturday, December 29, 2007 2:48:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lori said...

Happy New Year... I hope it brings an end to the sickies at your house... yuck to the urine, vomit and poop!

Saturday, December 29, 2007 9:57:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Hope all has settled in your household Melly. It's new years eve here....so HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!! I hope 08 is a good one for you.

Sunday, December 30, 2007 3:03:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home