Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Word Borrower

Well it seems the new year is inspiring me, along with some activities my friends are participating in. Angie has inspired me to simplify, and Beth has inspired me do to the picture-a-day project. Both items really are blessing me in such a positive way.

Last night I did a Wal-Mart run for a bunch of cleaning projects, and while there, in the parking lot, I filled TWO large black garbage bags full of stuff from inside my Jeep. This was a vehicle clean-up à la Christy Sturm. I would link you to her blog for her massive van cleanout from last year, but unfortunately her blog went kerflooey and she doesn't have her previous posts anymore. Anyway, suffice it to say that it was a lot of stuff. One bag was just from winter gear...snowsuits and stuff from when we went sliding a couple weeks ago. Though there were some other bizarre miscellaneous items such as a BATHING SUIT which has obviously been there since summer. I certainly am not planning a polar bear swim any time soon. There were tons of papers and toys and receipts and JUNK. Under the seats, between the seats, in the hatch at the back...now I have PLENTY of room for groceries and whatnot. This was partly in preparation for the big Bublé trip coming up next weekend :)

At work today I simplified my work area. I usually have desk organizers all over my desk full of stuff. I found cupboard space for many of them, and the surface of my desk is currently clutter-free. My desk-pad calendar is fully visible, along with much of my surface of my desk. Did I take a picture, you ask? You betcha. I should have taken a 'before' picture but I didn't know what I was setting out to really do when I started....HERE is the 'after' picture. Major changes. All my coworkers thought they were in an episode of Twilight Zone when they came to my desk! (Two pictures stitched together)

More later...I actually took more pictures last night I want to post!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I'm so proud of you. . . . taking on this picture challenge!!!

Love your desk, by the way!!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 7:26:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

::hee:::

my word verification was:

ubqze

You be CWAZY!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 7:26:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

What the flip? No more facebook?

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:04:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home