Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy Birthday Seija!

Note to Seija: I remembered to phone you about four times today, and obviously didn't. Once was early this morning when I got up and didn't dare, and once was just a few minutes ago, and it's getting late. (Again, didn't dare!) The other two times I was either too lazy or got distracted. But I did think of you! Hope you had a great day!

Well, I actually took a couple pictures today, but this one (the last one of the day) became an instant favourite. I coloured my hair and took a shower and Carter, who hates getting water on his head (mostly just his face) wanted to have a shower. He climbed in and without too much commotion I washed his hair. I got out and he was being a little grown up washing all his two thousand parts. . I kept asking him, "Are you done?" And his reply was, "Not yet; almost." I was long since dried off by the time he was done. Too cute. So after he was pajamaed (in his jammies!) he wanted to sleep on my bed. He was being all cute and goofy so I asked him if I could take his picture. Surprisingly, I got this perfect pose: (not to mention reaching my goal of taking a picture today!)

I actually took a couple cute shots of Cooper wearing a little yellow plastic hardhat today. They didn't turn out great since he never stopped moving. The first one would have been perfection had it not been for the delay of digital photography. ::Sigh:: When I got up this morning, something odd came over me and I started doing an overhaul on our bedroom. I tossed all the laundry in the hallway, along with the blankets and stuff. I flipped the mattress and boxspring up against the walls and assessed the bed frame. It is toast. It's just one of those el-cheapo ones; nothing fancy. One of the plastic casters has been broken for ages and the whole thing is wobbly. So with a little help from Chris, and some unexpected cooperation, we removed it. Now the boxspring and mattress are just on the floor. Which, is kind of weirdish, but good in a way. Now nothing can go under the bed. Not any wayward tossed-aside fruit, like the dehydrated (possibly an apple) item that much to my dismay I found under there. There were books and a squillion (Angie, I think I got squillion from Christy) completed sudoku puzzles, assorted photo albums and along with mittfuls of my hair, some killer dust bunnies.

I washed the walls (with Clorox Wipes...my favourite household tool) and the baseboards and vacuumed every square inch of the not-so-big carpet. I turned the bed ninety degrees and placed it back on the floor. I plugged the lamp and the clock radios back in and made the bed. This new setup attracted plenty of attention from the boys, and Carter was a hyuuuuuuge help in the whole process hauling little bits of paper and Clorox Wipes to the garbage for me. I went through the closet and pulled out a whole pile of stuff that Chris and I don't wear anymore. I tossed it all in a big clear lawn and garden bag. Some seriously nice clothing that either doesn't fit and likely never will, or just stuff we don't want anymore.

There's still a mountain more of stuff to go through in the basement, but my cleaning spree was dedicated to our room today. I cleaned out the closet in the same manner as the rest of the room. I found the packages for some nearly-new baby items I'd been holding onto. I have a nice nursing pillow, winter infant carseat snuggly thing, and a snugli, all now in their original packaging. I showed Chris and said, now see why I'm such a packrat? It's nice to put things back in the original package. I can't wait to have a garage sale now!

The rest of the day was spent taking periodic breaks to feed or play with the kids. And ever-so-oddly, in the middle of our usually frigid winter, it was pouring rain today. Bizarro! My next project will hopefully be the boys' room. Eventually we'll be borrowing some bunk beds from Cindy (I bet Carter will be through the roof with excitement when that happens!)

Well, tomorrow it's back to work for me. And back to school for Carter. And back to the sitter for both boys. Today Carter said he didn't want to go back to the sitter and to school; he wanted to stay here with me. OMG that is so sweet. I figured the kids would run to the sitter without me first chance they got! It's been a great two weeks. Christmas already seems like so long ago; feels like I've been off for about a month. Niiiiiiiice. Also, tomorrow is Bingo night. Hopefully work won't have drained the very life out of me so we can go have fun and win some big bucks!!!

One more thing...countdown to Bublé = 13 days!

4 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

Have a good daiy back at work... it is early i cant find glasses and so i skimmed your blog , i will come back and really read later, but wanted to let you know i am thinking of you todaiy

Monday, January 07, 2008 6:15:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

uhhhh, instead of garage sale, you could have another baby, just a thought, i am feeling mischevious this AM....between you and angie, i need ot either make a list or clean something soon

Monday, January 07, 2008 8:12:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

::hee:: obviously Beth doesn't know what I know. . . .and thankfully, she's not putting that suggestion in MY hat! : )

I wondered how many days until Buble. Jealous. Color me jealous.

Monday, January 07, 2008 12:04:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Doesn't Christmas already seem like a lifetime ago! Weird huh! Glad to hear your boys enjoyed some home time with their Mum. Shame about the hard hat photos....I have that blurry problem too...kids that don't stay still! Good luck on your first day back.

Monday, January 07, 2008 10:01:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home