Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, January 14, 2008

Not Out of the Woods Yet

Dang it. Just when I think Cooper is back to his old self again, he pukes up all the contents of his stomach. In the bedroom hallway (carpet) and in the living room (carpet). I found it a tiny bit amusing that his aim was perfect in the living room for the newspaper that was on the floor. When I picked up the newspaper, there was a rectangular non-puked-on area, which actually made things easier to clean.

The doctor had suggested that if Cooper continued to vomit, to pick up some Gravol suppositories. I didn't pick any up since he seemed to be doing so well, and the pharmacy is open until ten. Well, obviously I jinxed myself by not being prepared with them, so while both boys were in the tub post-puke, I ran to the pharmacy. Oh and rewind a couple minutes to Carter seeing Cooper throw up and he did a chain-reaction puke. So into the tub with both of them. I came back and Carter was in bed but Cooper was still in the tub. I dried him off and gave him a suppository. Not. A. Happy. Camper. He's been fine since.

I just heard a cry coming from the boys room so I ran to see what was up. Cooper was sleeping soundly but Carter was wimpering about something about the toilet. I whisked him into the bathroom and ever-so-fortunately-and-unfortunately, he threw up in the toilet. I'm not sure if he's actually getting the flu too or if our house now smells so bad that it's gonna make everyone barf. Carter doesn't have a fever, but it's been so long since he was sick that he has a hard time with barfing and the whole thing. I informed him that I'd give him some medicine before bed, but I neglected to mention it is a suppository. I knew I should have also grabbed the liquid Gravol or the chewables. Dang it.

Anyhoo, I'm doubting I'll be able to go to work again in the morning with these two pukey little boys. And Chris is starting to feel all gross too. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Everyone knows a sick husband is wayyyyyy worse than a sick child! My biggest fear is this will still be going on by the weekend when I'm due to leave town to see Bublé. Please help me pray.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I'm so sorry. Keep a good thought. I will continue to pray!!

Monday, January 14, 2008 11:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Okay, it's the next day. .. how are things??

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Okay....we are starting up a Buble mantra! You will make it..... you will make it ..... you will make it! And yes! We definitely don't want a sick hubby...way worse! Hang in there Melly! It has to stop sometime.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:56:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home