Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fun in the Snow

It was a good day at work today. My desk is still clutter-free, I'm making lists and checking them twice, I had a healthy breakfast and have avoided going to Tim Horton's. However, my AWESOMELY sweet friend Kelly brought me a green tea this morning, which rocked, and included an itty-bitty French Vanilla Cappuccino. So hilarious. She knows I can't totally kick my habit cold-turkey, and just wanted to give me a little taste of my favourite beverage.

I came home at lunchtime and had a couple snacks and picked up Carter for school. He's still having some 'nastiness' issues occasionally. But he seems to be understanding the concept of consequences a little better.

To carry on with my uncharacteristic behaviour, I cooked supper, vacuumed the living room and ALL FOUR OF US went outside to play. We got a ton more of snow and there's a big snowpile at the edge of our yard from when the parking lot next door gets plowed. Chris made a path partway to it and Carter slid down it quite a few times. Cooper was definitely not interested in sliding but seemed to have fun playing around in the snow. He walked into the dark garage to find himself a toy car to drive up and down the driveway. He did, however, love sliding down the snowbank on the side of the driveway on his bum. I lost count of how many times I lifted him back up there. Then it was Chris's turn to lift him for awhile.

We came in from all the fun all snowy and wet and the boys had some warm milk. They eventually fell asleep. I'm going to try to get myself to sleep before midnight so I can get up early enough to have a shower in the morning.

My picture(s) of the day: (I actually took fifty-seven pictures when we were outside and about seven of those turned alright...)

2 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

i know, i know we end up taking lots of phots dont we, we will have to all buy new hard drives at the end of the year or maybe in the middle of the year... i lvoe the waiy oyeu arranged those super photos
(dont want to nag you ... did you get my email?)

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:11:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I love these, my friend. Did you get Beth's e-mail?

Friday, January 11, 2008 8:39:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home