Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Barftown City Limits

According to my calculations, it's been forty-eight hours since anyone in this house threw up. Up until supper I was still keeping everyone on light foods and clear fluids. Apple juice, jello, chicken soup; stuff like that.

Today I took both boys to the sitter. Chris was still feeling really rough this morning so I drugged him and left. Mom called me just before lunchtime and we met up and went to Tim Horton's for lunch. We had a quick bite then picked up Carter for school. I dropped Mom back off at her car and went back to work with five minutes to spare.

It was a busy day at the office. During afternoon coffee break I bolted out to the grocery store to grab some ground beef so I could make meatloaf for supper. I had a couple extra minutes so I zipped to the gas station to fill up the Jeep.

I picked up the boys and came home and started making supper. I made some super cheesy mashed potatoes, meatloaf and mixed veggies. After supper I sorted a mountain of laundry and picked out all my stuff so I'd have clean clothes for the rest of the workweek and for the weekend. I did a Wal-Mart run for pull-ups and wipes. Seventy bucks' worth. Seriously. I didn't buy anything else.

When I got home I realized I hadn't taken a picture yet today, so I tried to con Cooper into posing for me. He now just wants to hold the camera and push the button. Here's what I snapped:

Both kids are now asleep and everyone seems to be feeling much better; I'm just still praying that I'm not incubating anything that might crop up for the weekend. And while I'm praying, I'm asking for your help to pray for my friend Kendra, who has now been put on life support. The stem cell treatment she received from her brother brought complications that caused lymphoma in addition to her leukemia. They are attempting another stem cell transplant to help her and I'm praying for a miracle.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I will pray. He does miracles, you know.....

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

aw Melany I am praying

Thursday, January 17, 2008 6:29:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Any more word?

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

OH Melly.....

ps. love the photo of Coops...he looks so grown up!!!!

Thursday, January 17, 2008 10:49:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home