Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, January 28, 2008

Child Labour...Mwaaahaaaahaaaaaaa

As of this evening we are the proud owners of a Swiffer Carpet Flick. And Cooper is the proud user of it. I flicked the living room a little and the kids wanted a turn. Uh...yeah sweeties...go ahead and play with the nice new toy...(insert evil laugh here).

Cooper was amused for at least an hour with the thing and was a bit ticked when I suggested putting it away. Below is photographic evidence of the event. Way cute. Carter was being photogenerous too and there you have my photos for the day! (I used Miss Mint's Rebel One kit from Peppermint Creative)
Work was the typical super-fast Monday. I took a late lunch today so I could have lunch with Cindy and Mom and Cindy's mother-in-law, her friend Michelle, and her friend Mary-Lou who is moving away next month; it was a little 'farewell lunch' in case we don't get to see her before she moves away.

The afternoon breezed by too since I had taken the late lunch. Before I knew it, it was time to shut 'er down and go pick up the boys. We stopped by the shop to say hi to Chris and by the time we got home Carter was asleep. I needed to go buy milk so I did a not-so-quick run to the grocery store for a few things. At the grocery store, the usual soy milk I buy was $4.59. At Wal-Mart, (which is across the road) it's only $2.97. I just couldn't bring myself to purchase it at the grocery store, so I finished up my shopping and headed over to Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, they DID NOT HAVE any of the usual soy milk I buy! Aaaaaack! There was no way I was going back to the grocery store, one of those hateful places where you have to put a dollar coin in the freezing cold grocery cart outside. Anyway, I managed to buy one carton of soy milk, but it's not vanilla-flavoured, and it's fat-free. It will do. I found a few other super deals and headed out.

Back home they had requested happy meals (which they do all the time) so I decided to oblige today, since I had already spent so much time shopping (when the only things on my list were fruit, toothpaste and milk).

Chris helped me in with the groceries then took off to work on his truck shortly after. He's becoming quite the welder, apparently, so the birthday present is a definite hit! Carter wanted to watch Chicken Little but fell asleep even before Cooper was finished playing with the new Swiffer. If only Cooper would go to bed that early, then I'd get so much more done!

Well, it's still early but I'm about to call it a day. I have some projects on the go but I'm toast!

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Hey Melly...just dropping in to meet and greet!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:30:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home