Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Damn The Torpedoes!

Oh where, oh where has my little blog gone...oh where oh where could I beeeeeeeee?

Last week vanished. Quickly. The weekend? Quiet. I think I missed a couple days' worth of pictures. I'm in the process of helping plan a memorial for my friend Kendra. Last night between frequent naps, I printed some memorial cards (re-drafted from the ones used for the funeral to reflect the memorial service information). By four in the morning, I finally went to bed, but wasn't able to sleep right away since I actually felt like I had slept through the night.

About three quarters of the way through printing, my printer started to tell me that "Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service life. See your printer documentation." EPPPPPSONNNNN!!!!! Oddly, I still managed to squeeze out the rest of the cards and it's still working, though I know it's on its last leg. I called the computer store to ask about servicing my printer and Mr. Snooty McSmartypants told me it wasn't worth it and it would likely cost between a hundred and a hundred-eighty bucks. Not a chance. So I went to pick up a new one today, and of course it takes all different print cartridges than the one I had. I even checked on eBay to see if I could replace my printer with another like it.

This evening I drove around town delivering the memorial cards to various businesses. Cooper was still up when I left (Carter zonks between seven and eight these days and I'm looking forward to a time that Cooper sleeps that much too!) and Cooper was still up when I got back almost an hour later.

I had done a Google search regarding the error message I got from my printer, and I got a few self-help tips for resetting it. I managed to do it and I cleared the error message and reset all the counters in it, but do you think I could disassemble that sucker to clean the waste ink pads? NO! It's hermetically sealed and I can't even find all the screws to take it apart. I tried for about a half an hour and finally quit. The only problem is that if I keep using it, the ink pads will overflow inside the printer. I have one more option for it I can do if I modify the waste ink tube to flow out into a container on the back of the printer. I'll give it a shot but not now. I'll be sure to mention it to Snooty McComputerguy, but I highly doubt he'll be impressed.

Work has been really busy. Last week was month-end. (already!) and I'm already finding myself planning things for the end of February. I don't really mind if the winter months go by quickly, but I sure hope things slow down a bit once spring finally hits! Oh and we have a new statutory holiday that we get off work for...it's called Family Day on February 18th. Sweet.

Oh. And the title for today's post? Inspired by Cooper this morning when he spontaneously pooped in the tub. Ew. Before his bath he said "Poop on toilet". Of course I put him on the toilet but he was distracted by the bubbly bath water and promptly quit trying. Thus he was ready to go by the time his bath was done. Oh joy.

Now a quick shout-out to my dear friend Angie who's getting poked and prodded tomorrow. I'm praying all goes well. I tried to phone to say hi and OMG does her Mom ever sound like her on the phone! (Can't wait to hear from you A!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

You got my e-mail, right? Things look good. . . so far.

Thanks for praying! (and for talking to my mom!!)

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 10:09:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home