Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Canadian Winter At Its Finest

Ooooooooooh it's been coooooooooooold!
Last night we watched The Brave One starring Jodie Foster. I liked it. Intense. Thought-provoking. That woman can act her ass off.

Today I felt awful but it was par for the course with Ol' Aunt Flo in town. Thankfully my headache dissipated by lunchtime. I grabbed lunch for Chris and myself from Taco Time. I tried the deluxe mexi-fries and mmm-mmmm they were good. (Mom, they're like the taco fries at the deli).

The afternoon seemed to drag on but I made it. I picked up the boys and met up with Chris at home. He took a sleepy Carter in the house and I took Cooper to Wal-Mart. I wanted to make spaghetti for supper but we didn't have any pasta. I picked up some whole wheat rotini and spaghetti along with a hundred bucks' worth of stuff. Gotta love that hundred-dollar-store.

I came home and whipped up some tasty spaghetti sauce. Chris opted for the rotini and it was good. The boys ate a little but were more interested in the granola bar I gave them for dessert. Carter zonked early but Cooper is still up.

I took a couple pictures of the boys this morning. Carter was being Mr. Attitude for the first few then after I got some cute ones of Cooper and showed them to Cooper, Carter changed his tune and posed with a smile. Here's Coopy:

Credits: Mellykit! This is the first time I've used my own kit.
His shirt was a great match for it!


Oh. And I finally finished up Carter's Valentine card for school on Thursday.
Here it is:

5 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

You are so cool Melly! And I am not talking temperature wise. But this whole kids giving out Valentine's day cards......what is that????? More than likely will catch on here in time! Hope you feel better!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:03:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

we need to educate Helen on the finer points of valentines day, don't we???

Love this post--and love the pic of Cooper.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:42:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Seriously? You've never used your own stuff before?

Whoa.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

Melly,

Love the boys' picture in your blog header!

E

Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

Oh,

And thanks for putting us at the top of your "places I hang" blinkies! We are honored! :)

Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:21:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home