Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!

And Thank God It's Friday!

Well, the boys are still feeling a bit icky; I have given them medicine a couple more times yesterday and this morning. But the clinic called, and we actually have an appointment with our family doctor this morning! The appointment is actually for Cooper because of his worsening reactions to dairy, but I'm certainly hoping he'll check him out for whatever is going on with these fevers! I don't want to push it but I think I'll bring Carter along too in case he could do a throat swab or something. We'll see.

Yesterday was a good day at the office. A couple of us had a nice lunch out before I had to run and take Carter to school. After work I went to Mom and Dad's to bring Mom her glasses she left in Kelly's truck on Bingo night. I came home and Chris beat us home. He was shoveling a bit of snow and ice out of the garage so I couldn't pull in the Jeep. I asked him if he could pull it inside after. (I'm going somewhere with this). I fed the boys and Chris had a couple coworkers over in the evening for a visit. Carter fell asleep watching Ratatouille and Cooper fell asleep across my lap.

I can't remember what time I went to bed but it was early compared to my usual. I should have blogged last night. There was nothing good on TV; they'd better hurry up and write some new stuff after that writer's strike before I call and cancel my cable subscription (except of course for the internet part!)

I got up this morning and everything is covered with a brand new blanket (two inches or so) of snow. Including the Jeep. Chris never got around to putting it back in the garage (and he was outside several times throughout the evening!!!) I left him a note at five this morning on the whiteboard asking him if he could drive the Jeep in the garage. That's when Cooper got up; his usual time for his first morning visit. Thankfully both boys went back to sleep.

Chris got up and ready for work and brushed off both vehicles and put the Jeep in the garage for me. (Thank you!) I've basically just lightly dozed since then. I lost count of how many times I pressed the snooze button. It should be a good busy day since it's month-end. Well, I'm feeling good and I'm ready to face the day. It is Friday, afterall!


Blogger 20Birds said...

love the bunny, thanks for the morning spirit lifter... and Chris needs to come over and take care of our van... i can barely see it right now, oh never mind hannah is going to do it... she can barely reach the door.... have a swell daiy melany... i should sprint over to dryden and see you soon

Friday, February 29, 2008 7:39:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

It's going to kill me again, when she "sprints" over to Dryden. . .but I hope you two get to see each other soon.

Friday, February 29, 2008 12:13:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home