Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Spouting Foliage - EDITED!!!

Sorry but I was just trying to find a nice way to say I'm still honkin' out green stuff. Ugh. I feel fine but my head is still congested. I had a great day at work today though.

(Aside from my arrival when I went to plug in the Jeep and my dear sweet husband had put the block heater cord under the hood AGAIN!!!) Dude...it's still WINTER. He's done this a few times already and we have plenty of winter left. It's not like I CAN'T get the cord out myself, but it's damn cold out and I parked too close to the snowbank to get in front of the Jeep (in my shoes) and retrieve it. I was ticked!!!) Rant over...now back to your regularly-scheduled blog reading...

Anyhoo, a
t lunchtime I did some grocery shopping before I took Carter to school. When I got back to work I discovered I'd left my cell phone sitting on the desk and I'd missed a call from Mom to invite me out to lunch. Sorry I missed the call, but I did get some much-needed shopping done.

Edited to add: (for your amusement) When I returned to the office from lunch, I fished the block heater cord out from under the hood and plugged in the Jeep... Later in the afternoon I needed to run a work errand. I hopped in the Jeep and backed away from the building, only remembering I'd plugged it in AFTER the cord was pulled from the outlet. Thankfully I didn't break anything. I got out of the Jeep and yanked the cord out from under the Jeep. It was sort of stuck under the tire so I yanked and pulled for a second, feeling quite sheepish. I unplugged it from the Jeep end of things and got in the Jeep. I returned from the errand and my dear sweet Kelly, whose office window faces the parking area had enjoyed a big laugh at my expense, watching all my embarrassing antics!!!

I picked up Carter from school and brought him to the office for a little while. He loves to go there and plays so nicely and quietly by himself. Now if Cooper were there too? That would be another story! Now I don't mean Cooper's bad, but trying to occupy two of them and not have them fighting or running around would be a bigger challenge. It would have to be one or the other, but not both.

After work, Carter and I went to pick up Cooper and we popped by to visit Mom and Dad. Mom had just made some homemade tapioca pudding. I swear I was just looking at the tapioca on the grocery store shelf today trying to remember the last time I had some. After we visited for awhile we came home. I brought in all the grocery stuffs. Chris stayed at work to fix the heater on his truck.

This evening I helped my friend Kat get her blog going again. I've been challenging people at NDISB to blog (since I am a confessed rabid blogger!) and Ms. Kat hadn't blogged since 2006. I redid the template and included a cool header and background. We were chatting on Hello and once I finally gave her the okay to go look, she loved it! Click HERE to see Mummakat's newfangled blog!

Well I'm glad I managed to stay up a couple hours later than I did last night but I'm starting to fade again! I might be able to keep my eyes open long enough to squeeze in a sudoku puzzle!

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

You dag...if it weren't so bad I would stop laughing! Hope you feel better soon. Long weekend here...come on down!

Friday, March 07, 2008 12:22:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. I wish that trips to my office with Caroline were so peaceful.

Of course, it doesn't help that our youth minister takes her for "rides" on the skateboard he keeps in his office!

Friday, March 07, 2008 10:38:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home