Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Date Night!!!

No, not a Bingo date with Mom and Kelly (but we're likely going tomorrow)...Chris (MY HUSBAND) and I went on a DATE TONIGHT! Quite an impromptu event. I think we can count on one hand how many times we've been out together without the kids. Thanks to Mom and Dad... :)

We dropped off the kids and went to see a movie, Fool's Gold with Matthew McConaughey (yum) and Kate Hudson. (Though Mr. McConaughey was all scruffy and unshaven through the whole thing, his sixpack made up for it!) Great date movie, cute story, happy ending - an all around good chick flick! And nice to get out of the house with my hubby for a change too!

We picked up the boys and they were in their matching Spidey jammies zonked out on the couch. (Which means Mom worked her Grandma magic on them.) We came home and Cooper is still wide awake. Carter barely opened his eyes and I tucked him in his bed. Cooper found his leftover hamburger still on the table and started eating the bun...picking the onions out of the ketchuppy part (yeah, that's a word) and eating them. Ew. Now he's still wide awake watching Shark Tale in his bed. We'll see how long he stays down.

I'm back to printing, printing and more printing; hopefully I'll be done this project by tomorrow evening barring any unforeseen printer disasters!

4 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

nothing like grandma magic, eh? i love it... and swell that you and chris has a chance to be together...

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 10:33:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

That's wonderful. I'm jealous. . . . . I mean I'd like to go on a date with *my* husband, not yours! ;)

. . .although I seem to remember your husband having some mighty fine looking feet!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:07:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm praying for your mom. She's a wonderful lady .. and certainly doesn't deserve to be in pain.

I still think your date night sounds wonderful!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 10:22:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

That is so good...we all need to do this every now and again

Chris has good feet?????? (reading Angie's comments LOL)

Thursday, March 13, 2008 10:24:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home