Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

100th Day of School - 2010 Edition!

Tomorrow is Carter's 100th day of school. There are plenty of things going on this week, including his first-ever trip to the ski hill today. He had a fannnnnnnnntastic time skiing and snowboarding. I wish I could have been there to see him. Each time he told someone about it (Chris and me and Grandma and Grandpa), he carefully demonstrated the correct way to grasp the tow rope. Now I really want to take him out skiing one of these days. I haven't skied for about ::cough:: twenty ::cough:: years.

Back to the 100th day of school thing, this year I asked Carter what he wanted to bring or wear for it. In JK he wore the shirt with 100 pictures of himself. In SK we stuck 100 googly eyeballs on a shirt. This year he requested 100 Roblox robots. Roblox is a game he is completely obsessed with (though currently grounded from). It took me a few hours but I have 100 of those little suckers cut out and stuck on the shirt. The image is actually his character he designed in the game. Here is the finished product: (And yes of course I'll take pictures tomorrow when he's wearing it!)


I can't wait to show it to him in the morning. He was already telling me how awesome I am when I was printing and cutting. Cooper's 100th day of school is being celebrated on the 19th; presumably since he had a later start due to the Kindergarten gentle entry. I'm sure he'll want something similar to this; perhaps pictures of him like we did the first time with Carter.

On Friday both boys' classes are celebrating Valentine's Day. I have Valentine cards prepared for both of them; I just need to print them. It feels good to do something creative for me; I'm used to working on projects for other people so it's nice to have a break to do something for myself.

Well, that felt good to blog again; I really do want to keep this up; I've missed it so much and have a much easier time keeping track of what we're up to and remembering where we've been when I actually take the time to write it down!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana said...

Your work over at Angie's 'Real Blog' is beautiful!! Of course I am extremely partial to
the beautiful people pictured there!
Edison's & Caroline's Nana

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 3:05:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hee hee - someone came over here! :)

Love my new blog header. . .and I'm so proud of you for getting back in the blogging frame of mind! :)

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 7:00:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home