Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, March 07, 2011

A Fun-Filled Weekend

I already can't recall Friday; seems too long ago. But I had a great Saturday; a really lazy one with the boys. Late in the afternoon I finally got my rear in gear and covered up the 'grey highlights' in my hair. I bathed and showered and got ready to meet up with the girls for girls' night at Kelly's house.

I picked up Yvette and we dropped off our stuff at Kelly's then she came with me to drop off my Jeep. We walked to Kelly's and that's when the fun began. It was a packed house, with Kelly, me, Yvette, Carmelle, Serena, Dianne, Allison, Melissa, and newcomer Brittni. Instead of playing SingStar like we usually do, we've taken a liking to dance games on the Wii. The past couple girls' nights we've played 'The Michael Jackson Experience' which we love, but this time, Melissa brought 'Just Dance 2'. FUN!

We had a tonne of food, (which for my non-metric friends is about 204 pounds more than a ton!) and had plenty of lovely blue drinks. My favourite of late is called a 'Blue Lagoon'. Here is the recipe:

In a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice...
1 ounce vodka (I used black cherry vodka)
1 ounce blue curaçao
Fill with lemonade.
Shake and pour!

I add cocktail cherries and a pretty-coloured umbrella just to pretend I'm somewhere tropical. Looks like Windex, tastes like Heaven.

It was a fun (and late) night. I walked home sometime around two. Sunday morning I was a little sleepy but felt pretty good. I had a Bingo date with Kelly and Yvette planned for the afternoon. Kelly's birthday is coming up but she'll be away for it, so I brought her little goody bag of birthday stuff to Bingo. We had a blast of course, though the winning left a little to be desired. I was still happy to yell Bingo even though it was twenty-seven dollars in the early bird game.

I got home and was greeted to something delicious-smelling when I walked in. Chris had concocted a pasta dish and made garlic bread. Yummy! I was pretty tired by this time, but we had plans to go to Cindy and Bob's for a surprise birthday party put on by his son Zach. Zach spent about ten hours on Bob's birthday cake, which was a very large pair of boob cakes, complete with nipple piercings. Very funny, and he's gotten very talented with fondant. We had a great visit and we were stuffed from the delicious cake.

Today was a pretty quiet day at the office. Days like today are great for getting paperwork done. It's going to be a busy week this week. Judo, church meetings, medical appointments...

Tomorrow Carter's class is going on their ski trip that was postponed from a few weeks ago. I hope the weather cooperates so he can have a great day. I doubt I'll get my hands on any pictures since I won't be there, but I'll see if I can get some from one of the other parents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home