Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Very Own Timewarp

Wow it's been a long time. The last time I wrote, it was after midnight, Chris's Grandpa was still in the hospital. He passed away only hours later. That same day, my Dad's Uncle Evan passed away too. The funeral for Papa was the following Monday to allow for family to make special arrangements to travel. Unfortunately Dad's visit wasn't in time to see his Uncle. Dad still made the trip in hopes of being there for some type of service that didn't happen. We'll be having a service up here in the summer.

Since then time has been flying as usual. We're having a couple issues with Carter at school with some silly behaviour stuff. I think he's trying to be the class clown or something. I'm not sure. I'm actually going to be meeting with the teacher tomorrow. He's such a good kid, and so smart so I really want to be able to help figure out what's up. My gut is that Cooper is so demanding of our attention that maybe Carter doesn't get enough of it at home so he's looking for it at school?

Carter had his SEVENTH birthday last weekend. My big boy! The next day we had a Mother's Day dinner with all the family Mom could muster out at a great rib restaurant. I've never been one to enjoy or ever order ribs, but I ate everything on my plate. Good stuff. After dinner we went to Cindy and Bob's to have birthday cake for Dominic (OMGHEISFOURTEEN) and Carter. Other than that we haven't really celebrated Carter's birthday. We'll be having his 'friend party' this weekend since it was the only time we could make the arrangements we wanted.

I guess I've still been cheating on my blog with Facebook. It's so easy to just drop a status message here and there to keep track of what I'm up to but I really miss blogging. However, I did just take a brief pause from typing just now to update my header to get the snow off my page! Maybe now the weather will finally warm up.

Somewhere along the way Easter came and went. Kelly and I took the boys to the sheep farm to visit all the animals. Serena and her family and Carmelle came too. Carter lost another tooth a few weeks ago. I'll never think of all the things I should be documenting! Dad finished his last round of chemo last week. Good thing 'cause he's getting pretty skinny! Food has lost all appeal for him except for a few varieties of soup. I can't wait for him to get his appetite back and enjoy himself again. It's been a rough road for the past 9 or so months of treatment after the surgery.

Not much is new with me. I'm still keeping up with my printing hobby making cards and stuff. My latest toy is a new Kodak printer and I can print WIRELESSLY. How fun! Very convenient. Well, this has been quite random. I've been feeling really blessed by family and friends lately; more than usual. Taking the time to appreciate little things. Hopefully I'll get back here again soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Quite random. . . but QUITE good! :)

Friday, May 14, 2010 8:36:00 a.m.  
Blogger Patchoulia said...

Good to see you blogging again!

Friday, May 14, 2010 9:42:00 p.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

you got rid of your snow here, about to be july and i still have snow on my blog... and to think i was in the hospital when Chris' grandfather was so sick and we saw each other... time rushes by... whispering a prayer for your Dad... random comment

Sunday, June 27, 2010 10:09:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home