Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Let The Games Begin!

Well I'm no sports fan; not even when it comes to the Olympics. But recent events such as seeing the torch go through our town and realizing all the pomp and circumstance that goes along with it is pretty fantastic...and our Olympic door decorating contest (and winning it) have put me in the spirit a little. Plus there are some locals involved in the organizing events, including a local girl dancing in the opening ceremony.

I tuned in since the boys had fallen asleep. I just was curious to see who was going to light the cauldron; with my bet on Gretzky. Go Wayne! Then once I saw the intricacies of the technology and graphics and sheer volume of people that went into it, I was enthralled and watched for the three hours straight. It was pretty amazing. Made me really proud to be a Canadian! The floor/stage was a graphic masterpiece and the choreography of dance and music and technology was amazing.

Today was a slow one. It was very quiet at the office since there were quite a few people off today. Fridays are usually good catch-up days since they're fairly quiet. A few of us went out for lunch today. The afternoon was much like the morning. Chris and I exchanged a few texts late in the afternoon to decide what to have for dinner. We opted for steak and the plan was for him to pick up the kids and for me to go grab the food. In the meantime his Dad called so I picked him up first before going to the grocery store. I picked up some gorgeous tenderloin steaks, potatoes, mushrooms, and asparagus. We came home and Chris played outside with the boys for awhile while I got a couple things ready.

I made twice-baked potatoes, pan-fried mushrooms, steamed asparagus, Chris barbecued the steaks and I made a salad. Dinner was delicious; I loooooooove barbecuing in the middle of winter!

After dinner Chris took his Dad home and the boys fell asleep watching a movie. Chris fell asleep early too. I got to watch and thoroughly enjoy the opening ceremonies. During and after the ceremonies I had exchanged text messages and Facebook messages with a few of my faraway friends and when it was all over Julia called me. She told me about this insane website called SelleckWaterfallSandwich. I don't know how it started but every post is a picture (some animated) of Tom Selleck, a waterfall and a sandwich. While Jules and I were talking I made her her very own JuliaWaterfallSandwich photo.


Well that's about it for me; I'm sure there's more but I'm too sleepy. But hey, at least I managed to post again! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

So proud of you for blogging again. And, it was DARN fun talking to you tonight, while watching the ceremonies!

Saturday, February 13, 2010 10:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

really dont get the waterfall thing, but read Katherine\s blog.... i need to get KAtherine a flag for her door.... and did the photo of your winning door? do i need to read harder.

Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:48:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

one post down okay i am on it

Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:48:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home