Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

That's Brisk, Baby!

Oops I just realized awhile ago that I forgot I had a blog again yesterday. Today after work I came home to change quickly so I could go walking. I did ten laps in almost exactly forty minutes. This equals about five kilometres and for me is VERY brisk walking. Whenever I spot an empty hallway I pick up the pace so my laps range from 3.5 minutes to 4.5 minutes.

I came home and as I was walking in the driveway, Chris arrived with the boys. He had plans to go for a ride with his guy friends so I quickly went to pick up happy meals for the boys and him. I got back and he got ready to go. I snapped these pictures of the boys playing outside. I don't like guns and we don't have any toy guns, but that doesn't stop these two from using their imaginations:


So yesterday...the main thing that stands out in my mind was almost getting t-boned by another vehicle on my way to work. I was on a through street with the right of way and there was a lady at a stop sign that decided she didn't want to be stopped any longer, I guess. I kept going, thankfully, since if I braked she would have hit me for sure. It was a lucky miss; I was glad my guardian angel was sitting on my shoulder!

Last night Chris's Dad came over for dinner. I picked up the kids right away after work and Chris picked up his Dad. I already had dinner on the go by the time they got home. We had chicken legs (à la Shake'n'Bake), mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and salad. Right after supper I left to go walking. Cindy was there and we did seven laps together. She had already done two. I did another three to make my usual goal of ten.

We watched American Idol last night and tonight; they're finally down to the top twenty-four and the live shows start next week. Aside from the wacky auditions, this is where it gets good. I also spent a bit too much time last night trying to hit the top of the Bejeweled high score list. Surprisingly I did it. I tried to stay awake to watch Craig Ferguson but I couldn't make it the whole way.

Right now my feet are a little tender and my legs are a bit ticked off with me but I'm still really enjoying the walking. I'm looking forward to the weekend already, which starts a day early for me since I'm off Friday. I already had a hair appointment booked after work, and decided to turn it into a spa day for myself. In the morning I'm having a manicure and a facial. Can't wait. I love that tomorrow is my Friday too. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger 20Birds said...

i am completely with you about the guns but i am loving those ice guns,lol...nothing will keep those biys down

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:31:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home