Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, March 05, 2011

How Did I Do It?

Am I busier now? The kids are bigger and aside from their already-teenage attitudes, they're easier to care for. Our only extracurricular activity is Judo and it's only twice a week. Why can't I blog every day?

On Tuesday I took both boys to school, but received a call from Carter's teacher just after ten-thirty, saying he wasn't feeling well. I told them I'd be there in twenty minutes. I waited until everyone took coffee breaks, then as I was about to leave, I realized I didn't have a vehicle because I had taken the Jeep in for an oil change. I had already arranged for Carter to hang out with my Dad for the afternoon, so I had to add in the detail of Chris picking up Carter and bringing him to my office for Dad to pick him up. That worked out well. I guess things were starting to work themselves out gastrointestinally for Carter, but not well enough yet. He had a quiet afternoon with his Grandpa.

I took Cooper to Judo while Carter stayed home with his Dad. It's getting really enjoyable watching the kids at Judo because they're really learning the skills. From the counting and names of the moves in Japanese to knowing on command how to do them, it's really neat.

That night Carter was still complaining his tummy hurt, so Chris arranged to stay home with him for the day on Wednesday. I was starting to have some nagging doubt that Carter was really feeling that badly, but I didn't want to doubt him in case something was really wrong. Things started to percolate for him much better by Wednesday, and he returned to his perky little self. I think he was peppering conversations with comments of still having a tummyache but I specifically told him Wednesday was his last day at home.

On Thursdays for the next couple months Carter has meetings/classes at the church for his upcoming First Communion. Unfortunately it coincides with our Judo schedule, but it's a necessary sequence of meetings and he won't miss the Judo wind-up.

In general the workweek flew by. Friday was a good day, including lunching out with an old friend from high school, a coworker and her friend, and a surprise visit from my parents at Masala. The buffet was delicious as usual and I was full enough to not want to eat supper. After work Chris puttered around outside working on his 4-wheeler. Carter and Cooper had both shoveled the driveway in the morning before school (!) so it saved Chris a bunch of work!

Once Chris came in I went to pick up KFC. Carter was desperately professing his starvingness by this time and had put in the request. After they ate we watched movies for awhile before the boys fell asleep. Chris went to work this morning as usual and I took the boys for a donut and got myself another (free) coffee. Also on my agenda for the day is to get rid of these grey highlights...Chris might take the boys to the sno-cross races today. Nice day for it! :)


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home