Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What the What?

Despite my absence over the past LONG while, I've really missed blogging. Facebook seems to have completely taken over any documenting of our happenings and pictures; which is easy, fast, and most convenient, but still kind of a bummer.

So let's see...the kids are in school again, which started on August 30th. I have this thing where I think school should start in September, but the boys have settled in okay. Carter is now in grade three, and Cooper is in grade one. I'll sort through some pictures if I'm really serious about getting into the blogging circuit again.

Three days ago, September 11th, we were at the beach with some friends. The weather was hot, the water was refreshing. Then Mother Nature dropped the temperature like it was a hot potato. It snowed today. Ewwwww. So much for easing us into cooler weather.

Chris and I still work in the same places. It was a busy, hot summer, with many trips to the beach and to visit friends and family at camp. The pinnacle of the summer was my 40th birthday on Canada Day, July 1st. My family, friends, and a few coworkers threw a surprise birthday party for me. It was fantastic. Aside from the grand surprise, I received an amazing Cheryl Parenteau cake, and a long-coveted iPad I'd been hemming and hawing over buying.

Over the past year or so, I've had some eye troubles. It started with a goopy eye infection. One day when I was rubbing my eye, I felt a sharp pain. Ever since, I've had a leaky eye, since the tear duct to carry tears away from the eye seems to be blocked. It took an optometrist, two nurse practitioners, and finally the winner, the opthalmologist to figure it out. I'm supposed to be booked for surgery this October. Hopefully that will happen; it will be nice to not have a leaking eye all the time. Sometimes it's just a drop, other times a stream of tears runs down my face. I look forward to getting it fixed.

Well, that was a cheap catch-up post, so I'll go review some pictures and maybe add in a little slideshow to this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home