Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Back-Up!!! (Edited!)

Today was a weird one. The morning started out great, and early. I needed to go to work a half an hour early to let in a coworker from one of our other offices. So I got up and got everything ready for the kids before they even woke up. I readied myself and had everything in the Jeep. The kids got up and I gave Cooper a quick little shower and Carter dressed himself. I got them both fed and out the door quite smoothly.

I left the house with a few minutes to spare and Allyson called me to say she was still about fifteen minutes away. I figured I might as well do my Tim Horton's run, and there was absolutely NO lineup in the drive-thru. That, my friends from near and far, is UNHEARD OF. So I was in and out of there still with a few minutes to spare. I got to the office at the exact moment Allyson did. Sweet! I let her in and gave her the keys she needed. I took the kids to the sitter and went to Kelly's house. I tried to call her cell phone to let her know I was there to pick her up but there was no answer. Eventually (after a few minutes) she noticed my Jeep in her driveway and a couple minutes later we were off to work.

The morning went by in a flash. Then it was lunchtime. Carter didn't have school today which meant I had a full lunch hour to myself, since Kelly was going home for lunch, and Chris took a lunch to work with him. A few minutes into the lunch hour, I noticed one of the local radio stations was out. I had decided to go visit Mom and Dad during the lunch hour and drove out to their place. I had a bowl of soup and visited for a bit, then drove back to town. I heard on the radio that there was a power outage, and that about five thousand hydro customers were affected. I stopped by Chris's shop and they were without power. I really hoped it was the same at my office, since we'd probably have to close. Sure enough, all was dark when I walked in, and many people were on cell phones making arrangements to cancel client visits. I still helped a couple people that walked in to bring water samples and weigh babies and such, then everyone started to disband. I wrapped up a couple more things and went around shutting off lightswitches and a few power bars then I left. I had to go to the Purolator depot to ship the water samples, then I was headed to visit Chris again when he phoned me. He was at home already. I came home and he was here with a couple coworkers planning a four-wheeling trip.

I came in to grab Juno to lend to a coworker, but I found it wasn't in the was still in the DVD player, so I couldn't eject it with the power still off! I decided to go for a ride and I called my friend to let her know I couldn't bring her the movie yet. Just then the power came back on. I came back home and tried to power up my computer. It didn't work. Eeeeeeeeeeeek! The other computer worked, but I haven't backed anything up to it in ages from this computer. Eeeeeeeek! The monitor light was on, the fan was working, but it wasn't booting up. Crap. In my haste and panic, I unplugged it and brought it to the computer place. The geeks had all gone home due to the power outage, but one of the sales reps gave me a spot to test my computer with all the hookups. It worked. WHEW! Just then I realized this has happened at some point before. I didn't remember to reset the power bars connected to my computer. So it let enough power through just to operate the fan of the computer but not to fully boot it up. I ran home and got it up and running. I finished up a project and delivered it before going to pick up the boys.

We came home and Chris came home at supper time. Cindy had dropped off some AWESOME leftovers for us. She made a chicken lasagne-type-thing with asparagus and hollandaise sauce. YUM. We ate every last bit. After supper we went for a visit with my Mom and Dad. Chris hadn't seen Mom since before she went to the hospital the first time over a month ago! We had a short visit and came back to town in time to make it to Dairy Queen. Chris apparently had a Blizzard craving. The boys had cones and I had one of those delicious hot fudge sundaes with the peanut butter cups on it again. This cannot become a habit...this cannot become a habit...

We came home and I started doing a back-up of my computer. It took awhile, (I'm up over 100GB of stuff I need to keep nowadays) but now it's done and I feel relieved! Everyone is asleep and now I feel like I'll be able to sleep knowing all my stuff is safe. I didn't do anything on the computer at all while the back-up was running, so I've got nothing new to show you. Maybe tomorrow! :)

Okay, during one of my supposed last stops at NDISB I noticed the April title challenge...the title to use is American Beauty. It didn't take me long to decide who my favourite American beauty I did this layout of Angie's daughter Caroline:

Miss Mint - Peppermint Creative:
Jingle Bell Rock - Tag
Elementary Grammar - Staple
Party Pants - Background paper, frame and buttons
Playground Pop - Diamond edge
Twinkle Toes - Ricrac

Christy Sturm - Butternug Squash Designs/NDISB:
Berry Mint Chip - Fucshia Ribbon
Strappleberry Lime - Wavy Ribbon

Cherries from Google Image Search
Fonts: Porcelain and Birch


Blogger Angie said...

You know I love this layout. Okay. . and you too.

And HOW JEALOUS AM I that Beth is coming back to Dryden this weekend?!?!?!?!!?

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:12:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

i just saw this layout i love this kid!!!! she is an american beauty,,, even a north american beauty!

Monday, April 28, 2008 9:17:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home