Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Depressing But Totally Worth It!

(Happy Birthday Deidre and Caroline!)

This picture...was taken TODAY. The second-last day of April. I have been venting and bitching and moaning about all this freaking snow that we got on the weekend. That is, until I came home from the grocery store and saw Chris building this snowman with the boys. I ran in the house to get the snowman kit that Cindy gave us a couple months ago. This...was the most perfect snow for this snowman, with the perfect accessories! (the kit comes complete with a hat and carrot nose and buttons and a scarf.) So...the snow? Depressing at first. But this? Made it totally worth it. I promise I won't whine about the snow anymore. (Unless we get more.)

So, as I briefly mentioned on Sunday, I went to church. Mom had said she was going to try going. So I figured...if she can go, I have no reason to not go. Carter agreed to come with me and he was OMGSUCHAPERFECTLITTLEANGEL there. Seriously. He even went up to the altar TWICE. Once to get the children's pamplet from the priest, then to recite the Lord's prayer. Way too cute.

After church we went out for breakfast with Mom and Dad and a couple other couples. Carter did a great job there too. We had a lovely breakfast (thanks again, Mom & Dad) and we came home. Chris went to the shop to work on his truck in the afternoon and I hung out (indoors because I was still whining about the snow). Sunday night I watched the requisite episode of Desperate Housewives and the boys actually weren't crazy jungle creatures. I missed a few parts but I'm hoping to catch the rerun in case I missed anything good. I didn't record it this time.

Monday Chris stayed after work to work on his truck again. I had a meeting after work so I picked up the boys and brought them to my office. OMGTHEYSATINTHEHALLWAYANDPLAYEDSONICELY that I couldn't believe they were mine. Actually of course I could, but I really had to keep asking if they were still there, because they were so quiet! It was a brief meeting and I took the boys home and we had pizza for supper. Oh...and cinnastix...delicious...y'know, with that icing that I could SWIM in. Yum.

Today was a pretty busy one, but as a result it went by quickly. Dad invited me for lunch since Mom was having lunch out with her friends and he was the chauffeur (but not allowed to dine with the ladies). So we had a wonderful lunch in the same restaurant as Mom and her girls. It was Mom's first lunch out with them since long before her surgery. It's so wonderful to see her getting out. She's starting to learn how to put her makeup on again! heehee. (And you did a wonderful job, Mom!)

After work, I dropped the boys off with Chris at home so I could go grab something to barbecue for supper and hopefully find a part we need for the barbecue. I didn't get the right part for the barbecue, but I got some FANTASTIC t-bone steaks. I don't usually buy those but they were great. After the sweet little snowman-building excursion, I went inside to prepare the rest of supper while Chris grilled the steaks. Here's my hubby out grillin'...(he hadn't even had a chance to change out of his work clothes and boots!)


So we had steak, (which the boys devoured), baked potatoes, coleslaw, green beans and fresh buns that I didn't even take out of the package because there was too much else to eat! Before supper was even over Chris was already planting the idea of ice cream in the boys' heads. I really could have done without it, but we headed to Dairy Queen and I didn't seem to have any trouble packing in a hot fudge sundae with Reese peanut butter cups on top. Still WAY better than a Blizzard.

Before I grocery shopped I stopped at the video store and picked up a couple movies. One was Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (for the kiddies) and 27 Dresses. When we got home I put the kids' movie on in their room and put on the chick flick. It was sweet and romantic. I loved it. I liked Katherine Heigl in it enough that I could probably see past Sandra Oh's presence and start watching Grey's Anatomy. We'll see.

Well, that about wraps up Tuesday. There was a beautiful red sunset this evening (that I was too busy filling my face with ice cream and fudge to photograph)...so hopefully that means it's going to be a nice day tomorrow and melt all this snow. The snowman can stay if he wants to but the rest of it has to go.

(Mom & Dad...you can pick up the movie at my office; I have it for 2 nights...love you!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BBQing in snow!!!!!!!!!! Dag!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!! Snowmen in April! hahahahahahaha

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 3:56:00 a.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

Toyn and I came home from Dryden on Sundaiy night stopped at A & P and bought huge steaks which he cooked and we ate with nothing else,,, so goooooood ---- anyway after reading your post, i am going to make another one and have vegetables this time

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 9:20:00 a.m.  
Blogger Amy Eileen said...

Have I mentioned that I love you?? lol You never fail to make me smile with your little stories. I also love that your family reads your blog! :)

I LOVED 27 Dresses and am a HUGE Greys fan. Whats up with Sandra? She is Canadian. We have to stick together. ;)

We have had RAIN for DAYS!!! Glad no snow though however you have one ROCKING snowman.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:05:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That snowman is too frick'n funny.

hehehehe

-Kelly

Monday, May 05, 2008 9:28:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home