Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Unsprung

Well, although there were only trace amounts of snow left, I don't think I had my optimism fully armed thinking Spring was here. Last night we got that foot of snow they (who are they anyway) promised us, and it's still snowing! I just want to snuggle up in my big fluffy duvet and sleep until it's all gone again. I was thoroughly enjoying not having to bundle up the boys in touques, mitts, boots, etc. Their spring jackets will be hanging on the hooks under the winter ones until this passes. I'm giving this ridiculous weather four days to get lost. May is NOT supposed to contain snow. Okay, fine. Rant over. But if i can't get out of the driveway today, I'll be on it again!

I have no idea what we'll do today. Beth is supposed to be coming to Dryden this weekend, but I don't know when she was scheduled to drive. Hopefully before the snow hit 'cause the highway could not possibly be a pretty sight!

I'm actually going to go in the basement and tackle the laundry pile. It basically looks like a cave down there all made of clothing. ::Sigh:: Wish me luck...and if I don't make it back to blog tonight, send out the search party for me. Let them know I'm buried under there!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi melly...this is katherine, beth's daughter...the roads got closed, so unfortunately she wont be making it into dryden today. she's really sorry about it and she wished that she could make it if only to see you!

-katherine

Saturday, April 26, 2008 2:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Okay -- I'm bummed for Beth, and for you, too.

BUT. . . my jealousy has subsided some.

Miss you, girl!

Saturday, April 26, 2008 11:04:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home