Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Who Hit the 'Rewind Button'?

Subtitle: Those Poor Robins!

Wow. Looking out the window I can't help but feel so sad! It feels like we've been rudely shoved back into January. Ick. After Chris came home from work, (and couldn't drive in the driveway because of the three-foot snowdrifts!) he spent a couple hours out with the snowblower. He did the driveway and a couple of the neighbours walkways/driveways.

I did manage about four loads of laundry and everything is at least sorted now. My biggest basement project will be to go through all the bags of clothing that are here and there (well now they're all moved to one spot). I need to go through every article of clothing and decide (1) if it's ours or if it was lent to us, (2) if it's too small for Carter but can be kept for Cooper, (3) if it's too small for Cooper and (i) is name brand or nice enough to be sold, or (ii) can be given or thrown away. It's a very daunting task. The task after that is to go through all the toys that have been squirreled away in the basement spare room (that's not really fit for a spare room). I need to go through and sort all of them to have a garage sale. But hey, since it's winter again I have a great reason to procrastinate the latter and wait until spring gets here for real.

Carter's birthday is coming up in a couple weeks and I picked up a few things on eBay for it. I found a really cool eStore with some neat pirate stuff. I'm still planning for a pirate party, though Carter seems to pick a different theme each time we discuss it! Again, because of the weather, I'm going to put off his party for at least a weekend past his birthday to allow for the snow to go away again.

Last night was a hockey-watching night. Chris's Canadiens lost this one; though there is some time to redeem themselves since it was just game two of seven and the series is now tied. Well, I'm going back to the basement to continue with the never-ending laundry saga. Mom said she's going to try to go to church today, so I think I'd better go and join her too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Eileen said...

Melly, I am SO happy that you were able to go to church with your Mom today. :) So sorry about the snow though. Please do not send it to the east coast. ;)

Sunday, April 27, 2008 7:49:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Have a great week Melly!

Sunday, April 27, 2008 9:46:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home