Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Big Boy Beds

Highlight of the weekend? New bunkbeds. Well, new to us anyway. We just got an awesome set of bunkbeds to use from Cindy today. The kids were both ecstatic and now I'm freaked because even Cooper is climbing the ladder to get up top, which I'm trying to discourage by emphasizing how cool the bottom bunk is with the shelves underneath and that it's like a fort.

Now let's see. We last saw our lazy blogger (well, sick I guess...yeah, that's it.) on Wednesday night after the trip to the E.R. Now a few days into the antibiotics and with the awful-tasting-but-highly-effective cough syrup, things are getting a little better.

We watched a few movies this weekend. National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets, Over Her Dead Body, and Untraceable. I enjoyed all three in varying degrees. National Treasure was an excellent sequel to the first movie and I look forward to another. I think it's my favourite character for Nicolas Cage. Over Her Dead Body was cute and funny. Eva Longoria plays a similar minxish character to her one on Desperate Housewives, which was enjoyable and funny. Untraceable was interesting with cool (and scary) technology and suspense, but with a drop dead ending. Everything that was supposed to happen did, but that was it. So it was a good weekend for movies.

Yesterday was probably the nicest day of the year so far, weather-wise. It was WONDERFUL to take the boys to soccer, which was in the neighbourhood this time, not at the soccer fields across town. So I walked them there in the wagon, which conveniently provided a seat for Cooper and me while we watched. After soccer we did a Tim Horton's run including a drive-by for Chris at work and for Kelly.

I did some shopping at Wal-Mart and the grocery store this weekend and Friday night we had a great barbecue, with steaks and fried potatoes with onion and fried mushrooms. The boys ate the meat and that was about it for them. We did a run to Dairy Queen, which was much more well-received than supper was.

Today was my cousin's son's First Communion. I took Carter to church (OMGMASSWASANHOURANDAHALFLONG) and we picked up Chris and Cooper to go to their house afterward for the party. It was decent outside and we all sat outside and had barbecued hotdogs and smokies and an awesome variety of salads and desserts. The kids goofed around in the yard for awhile then we got ready to go.

We came home and Cooper finally wound down for a nap. Dad and Chris met up at Cindy's house to pick up the bunkbeds. Getting them in our little house was a real workout, but the beds were nearly placed before Cooper even heard a thing and woke up from his nap in the same room. We realized the beds couldn't go in the room in the spot we'd hoped, so that meant moving the TV stand and the dresser to the opposite end of the room. Fortunately it worked out even better this way, thanks to Dad and Chris, and once Carter woke up from his nap, the excitement ensued. I had picked up vinyl mattress covers and some twin-sized bedding at Wal-Mart so I was all set.

Now the boys are sound asleep in their new beds (FINALLY) so now I just have to hope for things not to go bump in the night...'cause that will mean there's a kid on the floor! I'll load the pictures of the bunks (note that the room is small enough such that I cannot get the whole bed in the frame of the camera) and I'll get them posted tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

How wonderful! I can't wait to see pics.

Oh. . .and scrapbooking? Can't wait to see that, too!

Monday, May 26, 2008 1:02:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home