Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Happy Birthday Carter!

Wow. These kids are getting big! Just five short years ago at 5:38 p.m. we got to meet Carter. We blinked our eyes and now it's his fifth birthday already! We just celebrated at home with the four of us; we'll have family over for cake on the weekend, and Carter will have a real party with his friends in a few weeks when it warms up a bit more.

Today at lunch I picked up Carter and took him to Wal-Mart to pick out a bike. He was pretty excited. We took it to show Chris at work then I took Carter to school. I sure don't think he wanted to go to school after picking up the bike!

I brought cupcakes to the sitter's house for all the kids there, and some to Carter's class for him and his friends. After work I picked up the boys and we came home to play outside on the bikes. Chris got home and I ran out to grab an ice cream cake then came home and came in to cook supper. I told Carter we could have whatever he wanted for supper and he opted for (and I quote) Chicken Robot. I used my imagination for this one, and arranged the chicken fingers I made on the baking pan in the shape of a robot. I also cooked up a package of barbecue bourbon shrimp from M&M. Those were yummy too.

After supper we went outside. We wanted to take Carter down the street to an empty parking lot to practice riding his new bike. It turned out the parking lot wasn't exactly empty, but there was plenty of room for both Carter and Cooper to ride around anyway, compared to our little driveway. It is (by the way) still freaking cold out. That north wind can take a hike, and soon please!

Both boys had fun but it was too cold to stay for very long. The boys rode home and I had one heck of a time convincing them to come back in the house. I said, "Who wants ice cream cake?" The replies?...I still can't believe it... "Not me!!!" Both boys said it. They were having way too much fun to stop for cake. We eventually talked them into it and we all came in and I cut up the cake. Carter ate mostly icing and Cooper did a pretty good job devouring his piece.

And now for the pictures (and videos):

Carter proudly posing on his new bike


Cooper driving Daddy's truck


Carter stopping to pose for another bike-show-off picture! :)

Cooper laughing at me for chasing after him.



A couple more bike moments...of course I took plenty of
them so I'd have at least a couple good ones to scrapbook!


Cake time. It's not his 'real' party yet so I don't have a
'5' candle. Carter put these on the cake himself. :)


And now the videos. They're all great and fun (and not too long so it doesn't take long to watch all of them) but the one of Cooper singing Happy Birthday makes me giggle every time!




















5 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Happy Birthday, Carter! Wow. . . you're growing up so fast. I mean, I can still remember when I first met you -- you were 3 and a half. : )

Seriously. . . have fun tonight, guys!!!

Thursday, May 08, 2008 2:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Happy Happy Birthday. A great blog Melly!

Thursday, May 08, 2008 10:43:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh. . .good gravy! I love hearing you and Chris sing. . .Seriously -- have you considered going on the road???? : )

Well, actually you DID -- with the kids on bikes. LOL

And Cooper? Precious.
My favorite, though?

Carter doing the "are you one? etc.?" (never heard that) and the piece de resistance? When you say "Happy Birthday, Carter!"


. . .and he says, "Thanks."

Made me cry.

Thursday, May 08, 2008 11:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger Amy Eileen said...

Happy Birthday Carter!! Connor's birthday was yesterday as well!!! Sean;s is today. Guess you and I will be flooding the gallery with birthday layouts this weekend!! lol

Friday, May 09, 2008 10:59:00 a.m.  
Blogger Ernie said...

Great videos! I love the one of Cooper shooting down the driveway on his trike. I thought he was going to run into dad's truck, but then he veered at the last minute and drove onto the grass. GREAT! :)

Friday, May 09, 2008 11:14:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home