Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Another Quick Jaunt to the 'Peg

Today I played the navigator for Kelly on a quick trip to Winnipeg. Her son Ben had a dental appointment and Kelly isn't familiar with Winnipeg enough to get around and find the place so that's where I came in. We got there early enough to whip over to Costco. The dude conned us both into buying a membership. Kelly was going to get one no matter what, and I planned on paying her for part of it if I borrowed her membership to purchase anything. The guy was a typical salesman and wordsmithed me into thinking we were getting twenty bucks off because we would sponsor each other. Well, we paid the regular price THEN he gave us two ten-dollar shopping cards. So they get it back anyway. So, I am now the proud (yeah, whatever) owner of a Costco membership.

So once the membership process was over we did a very quick and limited tour of the place. I picked up some awesome Body Glove life jackets for the boys (They are awesome and way nicer than the ones that are the same price or higher at Wal-Mart.) I picked up a package of fifty-two razors, a three-pack of kids' spray-on sunscreen, a paper airplane kit, some candy for lootbags for Carter's birthday, some socks and flip-flops for Chris. Good thing we didn't have enough time to shop the whole store!

We made it to Ben's appointment with seconds to spare. Turns out he'll have to go back for surgery at the end of the month. Kelly needs my services again. Says she couldn't have done that without me. Each time I go I get a little more confident about knowing where I'm going. After his appointment, we were all STARVING. TO. DEATH. We were eyeing up Red Lobster as we drove past it on the way to Costco, so that was the game plan. We immediately advised the waitress of our urgency to eat, and she promptly brought us all iced tea, Caesar salads, and those warm, salty, sorta cheesy biscuits. Mmmmm. I ordered some sort of shrimp combo. Kelly ordered another combo with steak and Ben had some ultimate feast. The food came very quickly, much to our absolute delight. We gorged on all the awesome food and rolled out the door. A few more stops then it was time to head back.

The drive home was great; thanks to daylight savings and more hours of daylight! We saw about 28975235689 deer on the way and thankfully they were kind enough to stay off the road. Kelly dropped me off where Chris works so I could bring his truck home. I had dropped the Jeep off there when we left this morning. When I got home the kids were asleep in the living room and I showed Chris all the stuff I picked up. Now I'm sleeeeeepy. But hey, it's Friday tomorrow! What a great way to break up the week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

You know there's a really easy recipe for those cheesy biscuits. I'd be happy to send it to you! ; )

Friday, May 02, 2008 12:10:00 a.m.  
Blogger Amy Eileen said...

You always make me laugh! lol Those darn sales men should be duct taped to the walls! How do they sleep at night? ;) Glad you had a good trip! If I ever go to Winnipeg I will pick you up on the way. ;)

Friday, May 02, 2008 2:43:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A HUGE thank you to my fantasticly wonderful navigator !!!

I could NEVER do it without you.

You Rock !

-Kelly

Monday, May 05, 2008 9:25:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home