Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's Hailing, It's Snowing...the Old Man is...

what?

Yeah it was a real mixed bag in the weather department today. Chris went to work and I got up to get ready to take Carter to Soccer. Definitely no shorts yet!

The wind was atrocious. First I went to Tim Horton's and did a drive-by for Kelly and for Chris. We went to soccer and Carter was very enthusiastic at first. During the practice and drills, he seems to be attentive and having a good time. Then when they have a game he seems to lose interest and doesn't go after the ball. Hopefully that will come in time. Later he was talking about being goalie; maybe that would be a good spot for him. We'll see.

Cooper just wanted to sit with me this time. I went to get a big blanket from the Jeep to keep us warm with. After soccer, we didn't hang around to play on the playground. Not for lack of wanting by Carter of course, but I was totally done with that wind. We stopped by to visit Kelly for awhile, and when we went to leave it was so blustery and raining that when we drove by the other soccer field where Cindy's kids were supposed to be playing, we saw them all rushing to get in their vehicle.

We drove around for a little bit because I didn't want to hustle the kids in the house in the driving rain, snow, sleet etc. that was going on. We came home and Cooper had fallen asleep. He didn't stay that way when I brought him in. Chris came home awhile after and the boys had sandwiches for lunch. Seems my boys like bologna. So there's another surefire way to get them to eat something!

Last night we watched the movie, Mad Money with Diane Keaton, Ted Danson, Queen Latifah, and Katie Holmes. Chris fell asleep partway through but I watched the whole thing and liked it. After it was done I walked it back to the video store in hopes I returned it in time for Dad to get his 1-night rental credit back. I would have stopped in to visit Kelly but I figured she was asleep or got called in to work since there were no lights on.

I stayed up working on a couple scrapbook layouts but they're on the other computer so I'll post those later. Now oddly, the rain stopped and it looks like it's trying hard to be a normal spring day. Yeah, right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Eileen said...

I hear ya Melly! The weather here is insane as well. Yesterday it was spilling out but it was like 17 degrees. The hottest day yet but no one could enjoy it.

I loved Mad Money, it was a light, fun movie. :)

Monday, May 19, 2008 9:26:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home