Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Big Bike for Heart & Stroke!

Today was the Big Bike for Heart & Stroke. Our office put in a team. I raised $550.00. This was the most I've ever raised for charity and I'd like to thank all my sponsors!

It was a less than favourable day for weather, but at least it didn't rain. We had just over half a bikeful (the bike can accommodate 29 riders) so we had to pedal our butts off to get that sucker moving around town! Plus we were the first team and the bike was facing the wrong way so we went a few blocks off the bike route to get it back in the right direction. My legs were very gelatinous for the rest of the day. I came home and passed out for a little while while Chris played outside with the boys. I didn't sleep much, if at all, but I lightly dozed amid the squeals and crashes I could hear the boys making outside.

Yesterday our whole fam-damily went out for supper for Mother's Day to a great rib restaurant. The kids were pretty antsy but we survived. I have plenty of great pictures to post but that bike ride tuckered me out. I'll post them tomorrow (after soccer...OY!)

2 Comments:

Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

Good for you!
Congratulations, Melly!!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:35:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm so proud of you, my dear!!!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:52:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home