Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

It's Official...I'm a Soccer Mom!

Today was Carter's first day of soccer, and hopefully not his last. Chris went to work at his usual early hour and I got up and got ready and got the boys ready so Carter could go to Soccer. I was going to find a place for Cooper to hang out but Kelly worked nights and I didn't allow for enough time to get him to Mom & Dad's house. So he came along, which turned out great.

Carter finally got to wear his new cleats and shin pads and he was assigned his soccer shirt. He picked #11 out of the pile of shirts. His team is called the Drillers. Cool! They started out with practicing a few skills then they had a game with another team. After awhile he got tired and didn't want to run anymore. By the time they run all the way down the field for the ball, it's already going in another direction. He got tired quickly; I'm pretty sure it's the most exercise he's ever had in one dose in all his five years! Cooper was quickly getting the hang of kicking a soccer ball on the sidelines; I'm pretty sure I'll be putting him in younger than I did with Carter. I should have started Carter at least a year sooner.

After it was over he really wanted to go play on the playground equipment. He expressed his preference for it over soccer even before he played. When I finally got both boys off the playground and into the Jeep (under great duress), Carter got a big pouty lip on. I thought I might have bumped him when I put him up in his chair but he was fine. He just said he was sad. I asked why and he said, "I don't like soccer." Big crocodile tears. I felt like an untied balloon that was blown up and let go. Totally deflated. I'm hoping he was just tired and that he'll be willing to try it again. That and with his new bike I'm sure hoping he'll get more used to a bit of exercise. We'll see.

With all that fresh air and running around I was pretty sure both boys would have an early nap. But after soccer we went to Tim Horton's (again, didn't have enough time to go before soccer) and brought a coffee to Chris at work. Each of the boys had a blueberry muffin and I got my French vanilla cappuccino. I stopped at the gas station to fill the Jeep and seventy-one dollars later, we took a drive to visit Mom and Dad. We had a little visit and met up with Chris at M&M Meat Shop for their charity barbecue. We had hamburgers then came home. Chris did some more bodywork on his truck and the boys played outside while I did a bit of housekeeping.

I scrubbed the bathroom and discovered I have a new favourite bathroom cleaner. Clorox something-or-other. Really good stuff. Works like in the commercials where they show the soap scum on the clear shower door and it just cleans its way down. Just a quick wipe and it was all gone. Yay! I emptied and filled and ran the dishwasher and started some laundry, which reminds me I need to put it in the dryer. I never did make it back downstairs again.

After awhile Chris came in and I went to pick up a cake to celebrate Carter's birthday again. We invited Mom and Dad and Cindy's family and the aunts and uncles to come over. I picked up two Oreo cakes from IGA. I came home and eventually both boys ended up napping so I put my head down for a little while. Chris came back in again and while the boys were still napping I ran out to Wal-Mart for a few more things. This time they had both kinds of milk I needed (they were completely out of both yesterday) and some pop and chips and stuff.

I came home and we had pizza pops for supper (yay, how nutritious...NOT). But both kids ate almost a whole one I think. Cindy and her crew came first and then Mom and Dad and Auntie Lurdes and Uncle Cliff. We had a great visit and Carter now has birthday money so he can get a new bike helmet. He was eyeing up a few cool looking ones at Wal-Mart when we picked out his bike the other day.

That's about it. I have a few scrapbooking pages to post but I'm tiiiiiired. Here are a few pictures from our first day at soccer!

New soccer gear!


Practice Drills


Cooper trying is hand...uhh...foot at soccer!

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Hehehehe Great stuff Melly. Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:26:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Happy Mother's Day, my dear! Love the soccer pics. He'll warm up to it. . . I hope!!!

Sunday, May 11, 2008 11:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger Amy Eileen said...

Connor didnt like soccer at first either. Thats when they were just doing drills. When they started running, he loved it. Then he didnt like it and now he wants to go back in again this year. I am beginning to think kids dont really know what they want. lol

Monday, May 12, 2008 12:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

Yeah for soccer! Carter will get used to it - but yanno, I think you are forgetting rule #1 - bribery. make him WANT to go. (my) Carter was allowed a chocolate milk AFTER the game - and holy cow. what a treat. (heh heh heh. poor fun deprived son I have)

Hopefully he'll come around - so you too can be the SUV driving, coffee drinkin', cell phone talkin', soccer mom that I was freaked out to find myself one day not too long ago!

Also? Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
Show us pics of that kids birthday parties!!

Monday, May 12, 2008 1:11:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home