Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Death By Mashed Potato...Almost

Today was a speedy one at work. Mondays usually fly by. The boys had to be awakened this morning. Too much excitement from the new bunkbeds, I guess, and they went to bed wayyyyyy too late. I keep saying I'm going to institute a bedtime but it hasn't happened yet. However, with the new beds now I'm going to aim for eight o'clock as quiet time in their room then work on getting them to sleep at some point thereafter. Kelly and I did a quick lunch out and took Carter to school.

After work I picked up the kids and we came home. Chris played outside with them for a bit but it's nasty cold again outside. It was raining heavy-duty yesterday and this morning it was that icky rainy sleety snowy crap again. Yuck. It looks beautiful outside now that the sun is shining, which is very misleading.

I made meatloaf for supper; it's been quite awhile since I did that. Or cooked at all for that matter. I made theeeee creamiest mashed potatoes and corn to go along with supper. While I was using the mixer to mash the potatoes (with butter and milk) I could hear something sizzling or buzzing near the faucet of the sink. Seems Grandma's mixer that I inherited along with the house (or perhaps my other Grandma's mixer; I got both of theirs)...had a bare wire showing on the cord and it was touching the edge of the sink. I'm pretty glad I didn't reach for the faucet. After I was done making the mashed potatoes I threw the mixer out. I guess my creamy mashed potatoes were to die for. Or not, I suppose. Regardless, they were great. I made a 5-peppercorn gravy to go with them too. I'm still not sure why meatloaf gets eaten by the pound by this family but I won't complain! And I'm still dying to try out the new crock pot I got for Mother's Day; it's still in the box. Guess I don't want to get it dirty. Whatever. Anyway, the boys ate well and I am stuffed.

Now they're all in the kids' room playing PlayStation. Well, Chris is playing the video game and Carter is a quasi-spectator when he's not climbing up and down the bunk bed ladder. Cooper was playing some sort of soccer/golf with the crevice tool of the vacuum cleaner. Just another wacky evening in the Groves household!

Oh, and here are those pictures of the boys and the new bed: (I Frankensteined two pictures together for the first one and didn't feel like fixing the lighter block around Cooper...I don't have all my stuff programmed in PhotoShop on the laptop yet.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Ernie said...

"Hmmmm... let's see... death by electrocution, or lump-free mashed potatoes? Gotta go with the spuds." I like your thinking! ;) (And btw, next time you make that dinner, can you give me a call? I'll be right up!)

And glad to hear that you're feeling better.

Monday, May 26, 2008 10:39:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Wow. Those are KILLER mashed potatoes.

Love the bunk beds!

Monday, May 26, 2008 10:58:00 p.m.  
Blogger 20Birds said...

the boys look adorable and i klnow our bunks beds made for lots of climbing

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:19:00 a.m.  
Blogger *~*Jill*~* said...

ooooooooh - cool bed! My Carter is going to be SO jealous - heh. He desperately wants bunk beds (I dunno why...but I'm pretty sure he's convinced that the baby is going to come out wanting to sleep on a bottom bunk)
Anyway - glad you are feeling well enough to try and kill yourself by cooking. (dork.)

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:52:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home